Skip to content

Ad hoc groups

Ad hoc groups of MPEG 144

NameAhG on Compression of Neural Networks for Multimedia Content Description and Analysis
GroupWG 4 - MPEG Video Coding
Mandates
1. Maintain data sets and INCTM
2. Collect further application and performance reports of NNC (e.g., VCM, AI-based PCC, implicit neural scene representations)
3. Continue interaction with SC42, SG16/Q5, 3GPP SA4, NNEF, ONNX and the AI/ML community
4. Finalise white paper for 2nd edition
Chair(s)
Werner Bailer (chair, werner.bailer@joanneum.at)
Sungmoon Chun (vice-chair, smchun@insignal.co.kr)
Duration
until next MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-nnr@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
Email to: mpeg-nnr-join@lists.aau.at
Meeting
Thursday 05:00 UTC before next WG 4 meeting (online)
Room Size
n/a

NameAHG on Font Format
GroupGeneral/All
Mandates
1. Review the text of the updated Working Draft of ISO/IEC 14496-22 5th edition (WG03N01017).
2. Review the content of the “Technologies under consideration” document (WG03N01081), work on developing and finalizing specification changes to accommodate larger character sets and new features, prepare an updated input contribution and provide recommendations for the WG3 on how these changes should be integrated in the “Open Font Format” standard.
3. Explore potential future changes and updates, and propose new items (if applicable) for consideration in the 5th edition of the OFF specification.
Chair(s)
Vladimir Levantovsky (Type Standards)
Duration
Until next meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-otspec@lists.aau.at; https://github.com/MPEGGroup/OpenFontFormat
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-otspec
Meeting
Zoom conference call may be held, if necessary (detailed information will be posted to the AHG reflector)
Room Size

NameAhG on Audio Coding for Machines
GroupWG 2 - MPEG Technical Requirements
Mandates
1.	Identify Industries and Use Cases for ACoM
2.	Collect Data concerning market share for ACoM
3.	Promote Call for Interest on ACoM
4.     Continue to work on the Market Needs template for review in the Market Needs AHG
Chair(s)
Thomas Sporer (thomas.sporer@idmt.fraunhofer.de)
Duration
until next MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-acom@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-acom
Meeting
Online AhG meeting: 2024-01-16 1500-1600 UTC
Room Size
Additional online AhG meetings might be announced via the the Email reflector two weeks in advance.
Zoom links will be provided by Email via the reflector

NameAhG on Smart Contracts for Media
GroupWG 3 - MPEG Systems
Mandates
1. Solicit industry participation and contributions for ISO/IEC 23000-23 Decentralized Media Rights Application Format based on ISO/IEC 21000-23 Smart Contracts for Media.

2. Study and solicit contributions (e.g., technologies and APIs) for ISO/IEC 23000-23 Decentralized Media Rights Application Format in the areas: a) Smart contracts and DLTs; b) Rights and metadata management; c) Content and creator IDs; and c) File formats and streaming protocols.

3. Enhance collaboration with liaisons (e.g., ISO/TC 307/WG3, ITU-T Q.22/SG16, INATBA, W3C DIDs, ISO/TC46/SC9/WG18 ISCC and EC) and conduct further dissemination activities (e.g., Digital Asset Management WG - Metaverse Standards Forum).

4. Study and improve the WD of ISO/IEC 23000-23 Decentralized Media Rights Application.
Chair(s)
Panos Kudumakis and Mirko Zichichi
Duration
Until the 145th MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
smart-contracts@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/smart-contracts
Meeting
Biweekly calls starting Wed 1 Nov. 2023, alternatively at 14:00 & 16:00 UTC (2 h)
Room Size

NameAhG on Feature Coding for Machines
GroupWG 4 - MPEG Video Coding
Mandates
1. Develop and release the initial FCTM software and anchors.
2. Conduct Core Experiments.
3. Continue to refine Common Test and Training Conditions.
4. Solicit additional datasets and feature anchors.
5. Study methods to support task network-agnostic and split point-agnostic architecture.
Chair(s)
Chris Rosewarne (Canon) chris.rosewarne@canon.com.au
Yuan Zhang (China Telecom) zhangy666@chinatelecom.cn
Duration
Until the 145th MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-wg4-fcm@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-wg4-fcm
Meeting
•	Option for conference call with two-week notice
•	Tuesday January 16th: 1*8 hr slot UTC 2300-0700
•	Wednesday January 17th: 1*8 hr slot UTC 2300-0700
Room Size

NameAhG on Omnidirectional MediA Format (OMAF)
GroupWG 3 - MPEG Systems
Mandates
1) Study the DAM 2 of immersive media metrics.
2) Study the CD of OMAF amendment on server-side dynamic adaptation.
3) Study the TuC of OMAF and TuC of immersive media metrics.
4) Study requirements of MPEG-I phase 3 especially in relation to OMAF.
5) Maintain relationship with relevant SDOs, (e.g., VRIF, 3GPP SA4).
Chair(s)
Sachin Deshpande, Ye-Kui Wang, Youngkwon Lim
Duration
Until the next WG3  Meeting
Reflector(s)
gen-sys@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
http://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/gen-sys
Meeting
Before MPEG meeting with 2-week notice (if needed)
Room Size

NameAhG on MPEG-AI
GroupWG 2 - MPEG Technical Requirements
Mandates
Technical report on MPEG-AI
  1.Define the MPEG vision on AI
    -How AI will be used? (compression, other tasks, configurations…)
    -Identify challenges for AI in compression
  2.Identify and document AI-related activities (Technologies and applicable use cases) within MPEG as candidate parts of the MPEG-AI project
  3.Collect associated working assumptions (seek inputs from other WGs)
Requirements
  4. Collect requirements (from mandate 2) related to AI for multimedia
Chair(s)
Gilles Teniou, Tencent (teniou@tencent.com)
Dong Tian,InterDigital (dong.tian@interdigital.com)
Duration
Until the next MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-ai@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-ai
Meeting
4 weeks notice if any call is requested
Room Size

NameAhG on MPEG & 6G
GroupWG 2 - MPEG Technical Requirements
Mandates
1. Study of 6G use cases, requirements, specifications and new work items that could be relevant to MPEG work.

2. Identify potential new MPEG activities that can help the industry deploy applications, including media services, over 6G.

3. Provide initial requirements for the identified new MPEG activities.

4. Solicit contributions on a document including 3GPP XR use cases in order to
gather typical traffic characteristics of media types from WGs 4,5,6,7.

5. Follow-up and report on the FS_AI4Media, MeCAR and IBACS activities from the 3GPP SA4 WG.
Chair(s)
Igor D.D. Curcio (Nokia) igor.curcio@nokia.com
Emmanuel Thomas (Xiaomi) thomase@xiaomi.com
Duration
Until the next MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-and-5g@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-and-5g
Meeting
One conference call to be announced 2 weeks in advance (on need basis).
Room Size

NameAhG on MPEG Roadmap
GroupWG 2 - MPEG Technical Requirements
Mandates
1. Update the MPEG roadmap in different formats (Word, long PPT, short PPT,
video, web) according to the periodical schedule and the BoG report notes.

2. Harmonize the roadmap activity with the re-branding activity in MPEG
Chair(s)
Arianne Hinds (Tencent) ahinds@tencent.com
Igor D.D. Curcio (Nokia) igor.curcio@nokia.com
Sachin Deshpande (Sharp) sdeshpande@sharplabs.com
Duration
Until the next MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
mpegvision@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpegvision
Meeting
One conference call to be announced 2 weeks in advance (on need basis).
Room Size

NameAhG on Video-based Graphics Coding
GroupWG 7 - MPEG Coding of 3D Graphics and Haptics
Mandates
•	Conduct activities to improve V-PCC Reference SW
•	Conduct the V-PCC experiments for future enhancements
•	Propose corrections for identified issues in the V-PCC specifications
•	Coordinate scientific and technical dissemination of V-PCC
•	Coordinate communications of V-PCC to fairs, exhibitions, workshops, webinars
•	Solicit contributions to encapsulate V-PCC in scene graph 
•	Release the V-DMC test model V6.0 (SW and documentation) during the editing period
•	Conduct the V-DMC experiments
•	Coordinate editing of the V-DMC WD
•	Coordinate activities on Mesh use cases and requirements
•	Solicit additional data sets for all categories
Chair(s)
Ralf Schaefer (Chair), Khaled Mammou, Danillo Graziosi
Duration
Until the next MPEG WG 7 Meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-3dgc AT gti. ssr. upm. es
Subscribe
To subscribe, send email to https://mx.gti.ssr.upm.es/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-3dgc
Meeting
Several online sessions before the next MPEG meeting
Room Size

NameAhG on Geometry-based Point Cloud Compression
GroupWG 7 - MPEG Coding of 3D Graphics and Haptics
Mandates
1. Coordinate the editing for the G-PCC 2nd edition
2. Update the TMs (SW and documentation) during the editing period
3. Update G-PCC Conformance bitstream and G-PCC Reference SW 
4. Conduct the G-PCC experiments for future enhancements
5. Coordinate scientific and technical dissemination of G-PCC as well as communications of G-PCC to fairs, exhibitions, workshops, webinars
6. Solicit additional data sets for all categories
Chair(s)
Sébastien Lasserre, Hyejung Hur
Duration
until the next MPEG WG7 meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-3dgc@gti.ssr.upm.es
Subscribe
to https://mx.gti.ssr.upm.es/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-3dgc
Meeting
Several online sessions during the week before the next MPEG meeting.
Room Size

NameAhG on AI based 3D graphics coding
GroupWG 7 - MPEG Coding of 3D Graphics and Haptics
Mandates
1. Collect requirements and use cases for AI based solutions for 3D graphics coding
2. Conduct AI exploration experiments for PCC
3. Analyze and collect relevant dataset for AI based PCC
4. Explore new AI solutions for PCC
5. Improve the CfP text (use cases, requirements, content, evaluation methods, anchor generation)
Chair(s)
Dong Tian, Alexandre Zaghetto, Vladyslav Zakharchenko
Duration
Until the next MPEG WG7 meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-3dgc@gti.ssr.upm.es
Subscribe
https://mx.gti.ssr.upm.es/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-3dgc
Meeting
Several online sessions to be planned
Room Size
35
All in UTC:

AI-PCC AhG meetings

1. 1330-1530 Wed Nov 15 (Jointly with AG5)
2. 1400-1600 Wed Dec 13
3. 1400-1800 Thu Jan 18
4. 1400-1800 Fri Jan 19

Input document deadlines:
23:59 Mon Jan 15 (registration)
23:59 Tue Jan 16 (upload)

NameAhG Haptics Coding
GroupWG 7 - MPEG Coding of 3D Graphics and Haptics
Mandates
1. Conduct development of ISO/IEC 23090 part 33 on Conformance & Reference Software document and associated software tools
2. Study draft text of FDIS ISO/IEC 23090-31 according to the ballot
3. Provide draft for DoC of ISO/IEC 23090-31 DIS for next meeting
4. Support File Format ISOBMFF and DASH for ISO/IEC 23090 part 32 for Haptics to progress to DIS
5. Solicit contributions to improve current MPEG-I SD Haptic extensions to adress Phase 2B requirements
6. Solicit contributions for an evaluation platform supporting Phase 2 functionalities and associated evaluation methodology
7. Solicit test content for Haptic phase 2
8. Track bugs in the CRM3.2 reference encoder and decoder code
Chair(s)
Philippe Guillotel, Quentin Galvane, Iraj Sodagar
Duration
Until the next MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-haptics@lists.aau.at – use [Haptics] in email header
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-haptics
Send an email to mpeg-haptics-join@lists.aau.at
Meeting
Calls Nov. 08 + Nov. 29 + Dec. 13 + Jan. 03 + Jan. 17
at 1400 UTC.
Room Size
n/a
Dial-in details: https://iso.zoom.us/j/7945431076?pwd=b21hT3FWWlUxRVA5S0hZSFYzRGtSUT09

NameAhG on IoMT
GroupWG 7 - MPEG Coding of 3D Graphics and Haptics
Mandates
1. Start preparing reference software for the new technologies
2. Study and propose editorial improvements for current editions
3. Study the potential extension of MPEG-V Part 4 on Avatar
Chair(s)
Mihai Mitrea, Sang-Kyun Kim
Duration
Until the next MPEG WG7 Meeting
Reflector(s)
MIoTW@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
http://lists.uni-klu.ac.at/mailman/options/MIoTW
send an email to MIoTW-join@lists.aau.at
Meeting
Several online sessions before the next MPEG meeting.
Room Size
https://iso.zoom.us/j/92992119841?pwd=eksrd2Z4d09uS1VYYTB1MTZLc085UT09

NameAHG on MPEG-I Scene Description
GroupGeneral/All
Mandates
1. Work with the audio group WG06 on progressing the integration of MPEG-I audio into the MPEG-I SD taking into account WG06 N0XXX and the SD TuC WG3 N1048.
2. Study the technologies in DAM2 of ISO/IEC 23090-14 in WG03_N1025 for potential improvements
3. Progress the technologies in the TuC in WG03_N1048.
4. Dispose issues in internal and public git environment
5. Collect/coordinate test assets that support the development of the MPEG-I Scene description work according to WG3 N1025 including the applicability of referenced data sets for our purposes.
6. Validate and execute the workflow in WG03_N1049 to create pull requests to Khronos through MPEG gitlab and github
7. Work on conformance and reference software based on procedures (WG03_N1025), progress the PI-DIS (WG03_N1046) and WD (WG3_N1047), and progress the issues in reference software (http://mpegx.int-evry.fr/software/MPEG/Systems/SceneDescription/software/reference/-/issues) and carriage (http://mpegx.int-evry.fr/software/MPEG/Systems/SceneDescription/software/23090-24-carriage/-/issues)
8. Extend the Gltf validator to address the MPEG_ extensions, and review the process for a possible submission of these to the https://github.com/KhronosGroup/glTF-Validator
9. Evaluate the requirements coverage in WG03_N1050, add explicit references to the supporting technologies and work with MPEG-I Requirements AHG in order to identify requirements for phase 3 in context of Scene Description.
10. Collect information on ongoing scene description related work in the industry and in other groups and organizations and promote MPEG-I Scene Description, in particular to Khronos (WG03_N1068), Metaverse Standards Forum and 3GPP
Chair(s)
Thomas Stockhammer (tsto@qti.qualcomm.com)
Mary-Luc Champel (champelmaryluc@xiaomi.com)
Gaëlle Martin-Cocher (Gaelle.Martin-Cocher@InterDigital.com)
Duration
Until MPEG#145
Reflector(s)
mpeg-i-scene@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-i-scene
 
Please check gitlab discussions here:
http://mpegx.int-evry.fr/software/MPEG/SceneDescription/MPEG-Contributions/issues

Please check public github discussions here:
https://github.com/MPEGGroup/Scene-Description
Meeting
AHG Meetings
• Call: Monday December 4, 2023 14:30 – 16:00 UTC (15:30 – 17:00 CET) 
  o From 14:15 UTC onwards WG06 joins for Audio.
  o Additional participation of WG06 will be discussed during this slot
• Call: Friday January 19, 2024, 2023 14:00 – 15:30 UTC (15:00 – 16:30 CET)

Note:
• 3GPP SA4#126, November 16-20, 2023 (Chicago)
• MPEG#145, January 22-26, 2024 (Online)

Logistics
• Zoom: http://iso.zoom.us/my/stockhammer, Passwd as of MPEG#144
• Chairs create issues in gitlab to collect comments.
• If MPEG#145 repository is not yet available, use MPEG#144 repository.

Calendar
- Subscription link for MPEG AHG Calls:  http://mpeg.expert/live/nextcloud/remote.php/dav/public-calendars/HAwkATGsmc5bN3Qy?export
- Public link for MPEG AHG Calls http://mpeg.expert/live/nextcloud/index.php/apps/calendar/p/HAwkATGsmc5bN3Qy
Room Size
40

NameAhG on Scene-based media interchange
GroupWG 7 - MPEG Coding of 3D Graphics and Haptics
Mandates
1. Complete specification of “independent mapping space”;
2. Complete mappings between glTF 2.0 and the Independent Mapping Space (see m65179);
3. Extend the independent mapping space to either identify or fill in “gaps” that exist between the IMS and glTF 2.0;
4. Identify mappings between the  entities from the “independent mapping space” and x3D scene graph format;
5. Identify mappings between the  entities from the “independent mapping space” and Unity rendering technologies;
6. Identify mappings between the  entities from the “independent mapping space” and Unreal rendering technologies;
7. Identify mappings between the  entities from the “independent mapping space” and USD;
8. Define a normative data model to label scene graphs and assets with the entities of the Independent Mapping Space (cf. m64065), and include this model in an Annex to the CD text for Part 28;
9. Define a methodology for how users of Part 28 should use both ITMF and the Part 28 specification, and include this methodology in an Annex to the CD text for Part 28;
10. Refine the work plan for Part 28;
11. Continue experiments and tests related to the test data and test methodologies for scene-based media interchange;
12. Continue to collect test data for scene-based media interchange;
13. Refine the requirements identified for MPEG Phase 1 (WG2N00285) and for beyond Phase 1 (WG2N00269).
14. Continue to solicit industry engagement.
Chair(s)
arianne.hinds@comcast.net,Arianne T. Hinds
pete@missionrockdigital.com,Peter Ludé
esjang@hanyang.ac.kr,Euee Jang
Duration
Until the next MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-render@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-render
Meeting
Biweekly teleconference calls starting on Thursday 02 November 2023 from 15:00 to 16:30 UTC for 90 minutes
 or as agreed by AhG members.
Room Size
All meetings by Zoom to be announced on the reflector and in the MPEG calendar.

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87524325944?pwd=N2VweTVZNVZrU1NHV3IwK2k5YWt3QT09

Meeting ID: 875 2432 5944
Passcode: 853240

NameAhG on MPEG immersive video
GroupWG 4 - MPEG Video Coding
Mandates
1. Prepare WD3 of ISO/IEC 23090-12 MPEG immersive video 2nd edition
2. Prepare preliminary WD1 of Conformance and Reference Software for MPEG Immersive video 2nd edition
3. Define common test conditions for MPEG immersive video 2nd edition
4. Carry out MPEG immersive video 2nd edition core experiments
5. Carry out MPEG immersive video 2nd edition exploration experiments
6. Participate in Video-based Visual Volumetric Coding joint exploration experiments
7. Study new technologies for immersive video coding
8. Promote MPEG immersive video outside of MPEG
Chair(s)
bart.kroon@philips.com, Bart Kroon (Chair)
dawid.mieloch@put.poznan.pl, Dawid Mieloch (Vice-chair)
Duration
Until the next MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
Announcements: mpeg-i-visual@lists.aau.at
Offline discussion: http://mpegx.int-evry.fr/software/MPEG/Video/MIV/Contributions
Subscribe
Email to: mpeg-i-visual-join@lists.aau.at
Meeting
No physical AHG meeting
Room Size
30
Online: Nov 7, 21, Dec 5, Jan 16, 17, 18
All 12:00 UTC (90 min)
Two calls are joint with AG 5
Meeting ID: 957 8481 1689
Password: MPEGIVisua

NameAhG on Syntactic Description Language
GroupWG 3 - MPEG Systems
Mandates
- To review TuC and Potential improvements, and propose updates
- To solicit input on implementation guidelines and examples
Chair(s)
Youngkwon Lim
Duration
Until the 13th MPEG Systems WG meeting
Reflector(s)
gen-sys@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
http://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/gen-sys
Meeting
Room Size

NameAHG on Systems Technologies for Volumetric Media
GroupWG 3 - MPEG Systems
Mandates
1. Study and solicit contributions to improve 23090-10, 23090-18 and their amendments
2. Discuss open issues in MPEG Git (http://mpegx.int-evry.fr/software/MPEG/Systems/PCC-SYS) and propose recommended dispositions
3. Study commonalities among 23090-2, 23090-10 and 23090-18 and propose common metadata definition to be moved to 23090-7 
4. Study reference software and conformance for 23090-10 and 23090-18 and solicit contribution to improve them. 
5. Study 23090-28 and 23090-29 related documents and solicit contributions regarding systems technologies for them.
Chair(s)
Youngkwon Lim, Lauri Ilola
Duration
until the 13th MPEG Systems WG meeting
Reflector(s)
gen-sys@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
http://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/gen-sys
Meeting
Room Size

NameAhG on Video Decoding Interface
GroupWG 3 - MPEG Systems
Mandates
1. To study TuC, and solicit contributions to improve it
2. To solicit open source implementation of OpenMAX, MSE or Vulkan to be used as a starting point of implementation of VDI extensions.
3. Communicate with Khronos on the API extensions and other relevant topics related to VDI
Chair(s)
Youngkwon Lim, Emmanuel Thomas, Thomas Stockhammer
Duration
Until the 13th MPEG Systems WG meeting
Reflector(s)
gen-sys@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/gen-sys
Meeting
Room Size

NameAhG on on Video Coding for Machines
GroupWG 4 - MPEG Video Coding
Mandates
The AhG mandates are as follows:
1.	Prepare output documents.
2.	Release VCMRS v0.7 (VTM-20.0) software (Nov 17th).
3.	Conduct Core Experiments.
4.	Continue developing VCM technologies.
5.	Continue investigating evaluation methodologies and metrics.
6.	Continue collecting and refining test and training materials, including ground truth.
7.	Continue refining the cross-check procedure.
8.	Solicit input for VCM algorithm description documentation.
9.	Collaborate with the WG4 FCM AhG and WG5 AhGs 8 and 9.
Chair(s)
Shan Liu (shanl@global.tencent.com)
Chris Rosewarne (chris.rosewarne@canon.com.au)
Duration
Until next WG4 meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-wg4-vcm@lists.rwth-aachen.de
Subscribe
https://lists.rwth-aachen.de/postorius/lists/mpeg-wg4-vcm.lists.rwth-aachen.de/
Meeting
Friday 19th Jan 0500-0700, 0720-0920, 1300-1500,1520-1720 UTC
Room Size
Wednesday 15h Nov (conf call - anchor aspects)

Others TBA if needed (with two weeks forewarning).

NameAhG on interactive testing of visual volumetric media
GroupAG 5 - MPEG Visual Quality Assessment
Mandates
1. Study methodologies for interactive subjective quality assessment of immersive video;
2. Identify real-time renderers for the purpose of MPEG immersive video visual quality assessment;
3. Identify related activities in other standardization organizations.
Chair(s)
bart.kroon@philips.com, Bart Kroon (chair)
jiaqi.zhang@zju.edu.cn, Jiaqi Zhang (vice chair)
joeljung@global.tencent.com, Joel Jung (vice chair)
Duration
Until the next MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
Announcements: mpeg-vqa@lists.rwth-aachen.de
Offline discussion: https://mpeg.expert/software/MPEG/VQA/InVol/Contributions
Subscribe
mpeg-vqa-request@lists.rwth-aachen.de
Meeting
No physical AHG meeting
Room Size
20
Online: Nov 21, Jan 16
Both 12:00 UTC (1 h)
Joint with WG 4
Meeting ID: 957 8481 1689
Password: MPEGIVisua

NameAhG on MPEG DASH
GroupWG 3 - MPEG Systems
Mandates
1. Study and improve Part 1 revised text of DAM2 (WG03N1064) and text of DAM3 (WG03N1078)
2. Study technologies under consideration (TuC; WG03N1014) and defect under investigation (DuI; WG03N1055)
3. Investigate segment rate signaling, the operation model, and how it works with segment timeline addressing
4. Continue to work on conformance and reference software
5. Study the potential improvement to Part 9 DIS
Chair(s)
Iraj Sodagar, Christian Timmerer, Ali C. Begen
Duration
Until the next MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
dash@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/dash
Meeting
One conf call, December 14, 17:00-18:00 CET.

(If there is no contribution by Dec 13, 23:59, the call will be canceled.)
Room Size
Zoom link: https://iso.zoom.us/j/4158105690
Password: In mpeg calendar

NameAhG on Lenslet Video Coding (LVC)
GroupWG 4 - MPEG Video Coding
Mandates
1. Carry out exploration experiments on codec agnostic tools for LVC
2. Carry out exploration experiments on INVR-based approaches for LVC
3. Update the requirement document for LVC and communicate with use case and requirement experts
4. Draft methodology for subjective evaluation for LVC
5. Prepare the draft CfP for LVC
Chair(s)
Mehrdad Teratani (Co-chair, Université Libre de Bruxelles)
Xin Jin (Co-chair, Tsinghua Shenzhen International Graduate School)
Duration
Until next MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-i-visual@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-i-visual
Meeting
Online: 17, 18 January 2024 (Time: 12:00 – 14:00 UTC)
Room Size
Zoom Link: To be announced

NameAhG on Market Needs
GroupWG 2 - MPEG Technical Requirements
Mandates
Metaverse-related activity 
1) Identify existing MPEG technologies that can serve metaverse-related experiences. (provide use cases and associated technical analysis)
2) Identify potential needs in the metaverse context for efficient media coding technology and related systems technologies. In particular - Enhancements to existing standards - New activities. 
3) Prepare for dissemination the outcome of 1 & 2 to metaverse-related fora (e.g., Metaverse Standards Forum) and the public, including the production of a white paper.

HEIF evolution activity
4) Run the Market Needs analysis on the impacts of evolving the HEIF format.
Chair(s)
Gilles Teniou, Tencent (teniou@tencent.com)
Justin Ridge, Nokia (justin.ridge@nokia.com)
Duration
Until the next MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-market@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-market
Meeting
8th Nov. 2023 1pm-2pm UTC (scope HEIF info sharing)
Room Size
Additional calls announced on a 4-weeks notice

NameAhG on Render-based architecture and technical report
GroupWG 2 - MPEG Technical Requirements
Mandates
1. Respond to ballot comments received in m65572.
2. Prepare a text of Part 27 that can be used as a starting point in MPEG 145 as a text of the DTR.
3. Continue to refine the requirements documents both for Phase 1b and beyond Phase 1 of render-based 3D technologies.
4. Begin identification of topics that are potential candidates for inclusion in V2.0 of Part 27.
5. Continue to solicit industry engagement.
Chair(s)
arianne.hinds@comcast.net,Arianne T. Hinds
pete@missionrockdigital.com,Peter Ludé
esjang@hanyang.ac.kr,Euee Jang
Duration
Until the next MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-render@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-render
Meeting
Biweekly teleconference calls starting on Thursday 02 November 2023 for 90 minutes
Room Size
UTC 15:00 to 16:30 or as agreed by AhG members.
All meetings by Zoom to be announced on the reflector and in the MPEG calendar. All meetings using the following Zoom coordinates.

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87524325944?pwd=N2VweTVZNVZrU1NHV3IwK2k5YWt3QT09

Meeting ID: 875 2432 5944
Passcode: 853240

NameAhG on Essential Video Coding
GroupWG 4 - MPEG Video Coding
Mandates
1.	Coordinate ISO/IEC 23094-4 AMD 1 preparation and processing;
2.	Coordinate management of the ETM software and its distribution;
3.	Discuss EVC related input documents to WG4 13th meeting.
Chair(s)
Roman Chernyak (Tencent)
Min Woo Park (Samsung)
Duration
Until next WG04 meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-5@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-5
Meeting
Friday before next WG04 meeting
Room Size
online
Option for conference call before next WG04 Mtg (two weeks notice)

NameAhG on MPEG Use Cases and Requirements
GroupWG 2 - MPEG Technical Requirements
Mandates
1. Support other Working Groups with the preparation of draft requirements and use case descriptions in a unified way.
2. Gather such requirements and use case descriptions for final refinement and approval by WG2.
3. Progress the development of MPEG-I Phase 3 requirements and include references to MPEG-I requirements defined elsewhere in their own documents.
4. Progress guidelines on the drafting of WG2 requirements.
Chair(s)
Mary-Luc Champel, Xiaomi (champelmaryluc@xiaomi.com)
Igor D.D Curcio, Nokia (igor.curcio@nokia.com)
Duration
Until next meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-req@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-req
Meeting
1 online meeting TBC at least 2 weeks in advance
Room Size

NameAhG on quality metrics for 2D video
GroupAG 5 - MPEG Visual Quality Assessment
Mandates
1. Maintain and update the output document “CVQM - Dataset of compressed video for study of quality metrics (draft 2)”;
2. Draft and issue the “Call for learning-based video codecs for study of quality assessment, version 1”;
3. Complete the generation of the set of VTM, HM, VVenC and x265 bitstreams for the QP range under study;
4. Conduct subjective testing of compressed video in CVQM;
5. Evaluate the correlation between the quality metrics and subjective quality scores in the CVQM dataset;
6. Study the suitability of learning-based quality metrics for evaluating compression performance.
Chair(s)
Yan Ye (Alibaba), Zhibo Chen (USTC), Benjamin Bross (Fraunhofer HHI), Mathias Wien (RWTH Aachen University)
Duration
until the next AG 5 meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-vqa@lists.rwth-aachen.de
Subscribe
https://lists.rwth-aachen.de/postorius/lists/mpeg-vqa.lists.rwth-aachen.de/
Meeting
Meetings are held online and are to be announced at least two weeks before the AHG meeting date.
Room Size

NameAhG on Guidelines for Subjective Visual Quality Evaluation
GroupAG 5 - MPEG Visual Quality Assessment
Mandates
1. Maintain the output document on “Guidelines for verification testing of visual media specifications”;
2. Maintain the output document on “Guidelines for remote expert viewing sessions”;
3. Consider extensions and refinements of the guidelines for remote expert viewing for more test types.
Chair(s)
Mathias Wien (RWTH Aachen University), Lu Yu (Zhejiang University), Joel Jung (Tencent)
Duration
until the next AG 5 meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-vqa@lists.rwth-aachen.de
Subscribe
https://lists.rwth-aachen.de/postorius/lists/mpeg-vqa.lists.rwth-aachen.de/
Meeting
Meetings are held online and are to be announced at least two weeks before the AHG meeting date.
Room Size

NameAhG on Implicit Neural Visual Representation (INVR)
GroupWG 4 - MPEG Video Coding
Mandates
1. Investigate state of the art in implicit neural 2D/3D video representation
2. Carry out exploration experiments on implicit neural 2D video representation and compression
3. Carry out exploration experiments on single-view and multi-view 3D video representation and compression
4. Develop test model for implicit neural 2D/3D video representation
5. Gather 2D/3D video datasets to use as test material during the exploration phase
Chair(s)
Yiyi Liao (Co-chair, yiyi.liao@zju.edu.cn)
Gun Bang (Co-chair, gbang@etri.re.kr)
Duration
until next WG 4 meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-video@lists.rwth-aachen.de
Subscribe
https://lists.rwth-aachen.de/postorius/lists/mpeg-video.lists.rwth-aachen.de/
Meeting
Jan. 19, 01:00-06:00 pm UTC (Online)
Room Size
Zoom link
to be announced later

NameAhG on Carriage of Green Metadata
GroupWG 3 - MPEG Systems
Mandates
1.	Investigate uses and improvements of display power reduction metadata 
2.	Study 23001-11 CDAM 2 for new display power reduction metadata and solicit the contributions to improve it.
3.     Contribute to the development of ISO/IEC 23001-10 AMD 2.
Chair(s)
Edouard Francois (InterDigital), Christian Herglotz (FAU), Yong He (Qualcomm)
Duration
Until next MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
gen-sys@lists.aau.at – use [green] in email header
Subscribe
http://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/gen-sys
Meeting
Several online sessions before the next MPEG meeting if necessary
Room Size

NameAhG on MPEG File Formats
GroupWG 3 - MPEG Systems
Mandates
1.	Discuss and address the Github and Gitlab issues.
2.	Support the groups using the file formats (including audio, DASH, CMAF, OMAF, MIAF, V3C systems, Haptics, NBMP et al.)
3.	Study the Technologies under Consideration and Working Draft documents and propose improvements. Study the defect reports and propose corrigendum text.
4.	Study the proposed clarifications on the definition of brands and the use of versions, particularly in the ISO base media file format, and suggest improvements.
5.	Maintain and update the conformance streams, reference software, white papers and one-pagers, and registration authority, as needed. Study whether conformance checking can be (maybe partially) automated, and how the specifications and conformance can be managed as a coordinated workflow. Study the license of the reference software and possible change of license or alternatives.
6.	Study processes to improve cross-verification of MPEG file format standards and continue the discussion on m60397
7.	Explore alignment of DASH/CMAF/FF terminology, concepts and solutions, in particular the multi-track question
8.	Explore potential low-overhead HEIF-compatible storage format
Chair(s)
Cyril Concolato  and Miska Hannuksela
Duration
Until next meeting
Reflector(s)
mp4-sys@lists.aau.at
https://github.com/MPEGGroup/FileFormat
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mp4-sys
Meeting
Room Size

NameAhG on Application Formats
GroupWG 3 - MPEG Systems
Mandates
CMAF (Common Media Application Format)
1.	Study the TuC and the preliminary WD, and solicit further input
2.	Solicit feedback on the open issues on GitHub and GitLab 

MIAF (Multi-Image Application Format)
1.	Solicit feedback on the open issues on GitLab

MeMAF (Messaging Application Format)
1.	Study the draft requirements, working draft and solicit further input, in collaboration with 3GPP SA-4.
Chair(s)
Cyril Concolato ; Krasimir Kolarov ; Thomas Stockhammer
Duration
Until next meeting
Reflector(s)
CMAF - mpeg-cmaf@lists.aau.at
MIAF, VIAF, MeMAF - mpeg-maf-dev@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
CMAF - https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-cmaf
MIAF, VIMAF, MeMAF - https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-maf-dev
Meeting
MeMAF: 
- November 6, 2023 16:30 – 18:00 CET
- December 18, 2023 16:30 – 18:00 CET
- January 19, 2024 16:30 – 18:00 CET

Logistics
- Zoom: http://iso.zoom.us/my/stockhammer, Passwd as of MPEG#144
- Chairs create issues in gitlab to collect comments.
- If MPEG#145 repository is not yet available, use MPEG#144 repository.
Calendar
- Subscription link for MPEG AHG Calls:  http://mpeg.expert/live/nextcloud/remote.php/dav/public-calendars/HAwkATGsmc5bN3Qy?export
- Public link for MPEG AHG Calls http://mpeg.expert/live/nextcloud/index.php/apps/calendar/p/HAwkATGsmc5bN3Qy
Room Size

NameAhG on Low Complexity Enhancement Video Coding (LCEVC)
GroupWG 4 - MPEG Video Coding
Mandates
1. Coordinate management of the LTM software and its distribution
2. Coordinate collection of information relative to deployment and availability of MPEG-5 LCEVC and update relative document (if required)
3. Discuss any LCEVC related input documents to WG4 14th meeting
Chair(s)
wgh@dolby.com, Walt Husak (Dolby)
simone.ferrara@v-nova.com, Simone Ferrara (V-Nova)
Duration
Until next WG04 meeting
Reflector(s)
vcexp@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
Email to: vcexp-join@lists.aau.at
Meeting
Meeting on Friday 4pm UTC before WG4 14th meeting.
Room Size
10
Additional meetings are held online and are to be announced at least two weeks before the AHG meeting date

NameAHG on Genomic Information Representation
GroupGeneral/All
Mandates
1.	To contribute to the execution of the Core Experiments identified in Description of Core Experiments on Graph Genomes and work towards detailing the support for clinical data interchange
2.	To contribute to the development of a 3rd edition of 23092-4 and 2nd edition 23092-5 to support Part 6 and the new technologies identified by the answer to the call for technology
3.	To contribute to the development of a 3rd edition of 23092-3 on the relationship of Part 3 metadata and protection to Part 6 annotations and related metadata through CE6 and update to the APIs to support Part 6
4.	To finalize the reference software annex to 23092-4 3rd edition
5.	To compile common test conditions for the evaluation of MPEG-G performance
6.	To collect additional test data useful to be used for assessing technologies related to the submissions to the CfP
7.	To disseminate the information and coordinate the activities carried out by ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 29/WG 8 to other ISO TCs, GA4GH and other organizations
8.	To contribute to the further development of the Performance Benchmarking study and related publications.
9.	Investigate use cases and standard support from ISO TC34 SC16 and SC9 in collaboration with ISO TC 34 members
10.	Prepare an updated white paper on the distributed management of private and protection of genomics data that is adaptable to the patient’s requirements and applicable regulations and encourage outside contributions
11.	Prepare a list of potentially interested group to contribute to a call of interest for the management of privacy information
Chair(s)
Raymond Krasinski (Philips)
Paolo Ribeca (Bioss)
Duration
Until the next WG8 meeting
Reflector(s)
SC29-WG8-AHG@listes.epfl.ch
Subscribe
To subscribe, send email to SC29-WG8-AHG-subscribe@listes.epfl.ch
Meeting
Yes
Room Size
15
Virtual meetings to work on Ad Hoc Mandates will take place on Nov 9th at 15:00 CET. As needed, other virtual meetings for the coordination of the development of the reference SW and performance benchmark may be scheduled on zoom with the appropriate advanced notice. An Ad Hoc virtual meeting on Zoom preceding the next MPEG meeting will take place on Thursday,  January 18th at 14 CET to 5 PM CET.

NameAHG on the support of ISO 23494
GroupGeneral/All
Mandates
1.	Investigate the possible compatibility between TC 276 ISO 23494 [Biotechnology – Provenance information model for biological material and data] and 23092-3
2.	Investigate the technical approach to implement the mutual support of ISO 23494 and ISO/IEC 23092 standard series
3.	Identify the steps and the normative requirements to implement such support
Chair(s)
Jaime Delgado (UPC)
Joerg Geiger (Uni-Wuerzburg)
Duration
Until the next WG8 meeting
Reflector(s)
WG8-TC276WG5_AHG@listes.epfl.ch
Subscribe
To subscribe, send email to WG8-TC276WG5_AHG-subscribe@listes.epfl.ch
Meeting
Yes
Room Size
As needed, virtual meetings for the execution of the mandates may be scheduled on zoom with the appropriate advanced notice. An Ad Hoc preceding the next MPEG meeting will take place on Thursday, January 18th at 17 CET to 6 PM CET.

NameAhG on MPEG-I Immersive Audio and Audio Maintenance
GroupWG 6 - MPEG Audio Coding
Mandates
1.	Execute Workplan on MPEG-I Immersive Audio
2.	Conduct Core Experiments on MPEG-I Immersive Audio
3.	Study and progress the integration of MPEG-I Immersive Audio into MPEG-I Scene Description 
4.	Maintain Audio-related text, conformance data and reference software
5.	Support WG2 AhG on Audio Coding for Machines
Chair(s)
Thomas Sporer (FhG-IDMT) thomas.sporer at idmt.fraunhofer.de (Mandate 5)
Schuyler Quackenbush (ARL) srq at audioresearchlabs . com (Mandate 1, 2, 3)
Christof Fersch (Dolby) christof.fersch at dolby.com (Mandate 4)
Duration
Until 14th WG 6 Meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-audio-call@audioresearchlabs.com
Subscribe
•	To subscribe or unsubscribe to the list, send email to
the AhG Chair Schuyler Quackenbush
•	To post on the mailing list, send email to
 mpeg-audio-call@ audioresearchlabs.com 
Note that posting is blocked for non-members
Meeting
Room Size
WG6 zoom AhG meetings as follows:

Joint with Scene Description to discuss common architecture: 
•	See Scene Description AhG meeting schedule

WG6 only (at url shown below)
Tue Nov 7 1300-1430 UTC on Scene Description
Tue Dec 5, 1300-1430 UTC on Scene Description (if needed)

Tue Dec 12, 1300-1700 UTC on MPEG-I topics

Jan 17 – 19 (Wed, Thu, Fri), 2024, 1300-1700 UTC
https://iso.zoom.us/j/95386056642?pwd=eUMvRU5lSmlUTnowT3k3anRjMHRxUT09

Note: 
1)	It is expected that document registration and upload deadline is Fri Jan 12
2)	Documents to be discussed in the Dec 12 AhG must be registered and uploaded no later than Dec 8 2400 UTC

NameAhG on MPEG branding and identity
GroupGeneral/All
Mandates
1. Define a plan for MPEG rebranding including:
  A) identifying key items ( e.g. logo, websites, ppt template, referencing, social media)
  B) Specifying requirements and objectives (e.g. communication)
2. Identify mechanisms to deliver on the plan, including financial support
  A) define a list of actions
  B) Calling and gathering intent of support
  C) identifying and inviting potential 3rd party/ experts in the field
Chair(s)
Kyuheon Kim, Gaëlle Martin-Cocher, Ali C. Begen
Duration
until next meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-ag3@lists.au.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-ag3
Meeting
online January 2024
Room Size
10
One/two adhoc group online meeting based on discussion over reflector
Zoom
Meeting ID: AG3(branding)
Password: Sweet@Home

Ad hoc groups from other meetings:
MPEG 146, MPEG 145, MPEG 144, MPEG 143, MPEG 142, MPEG 141, MPEG 140, MPEG 139, MPEG 138, MPEG 137, MPEG 136, MPEG 135

Download the current ad hoc group rules for MPEG AGs and WGs here: