Ad hoc groups

Download the current ad hoc group rules for MPEG AGs and WGs here:

Ad hoc groups of MPEG 137

NameAhG on Smart Contracts for Media
Mandates
•	Conduct dissemination activities for the ISO/IEC 21000-23 Smart Contracts for Media (e.g., white paper, demos, webinar, liaisons).

•	Conduct exploration activities for a sequel standard, e.g., Application Formats for Media Rights Ecosystem, including components, such as: 
o	Smart contracts and DLTs 
o	Rights metadata ingestion 
o	Content and creator IDs 
o	File formats and streaming protocols
Chairmen
Panos Kudumakis and Xin Wang
Duration
Until the 138th MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
smart-contracts@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/smart-contracts
Meeting
Biweekly calls starting Wed 2 Feb. 2022, all at 13:00 UTC (2 h)
Room Size

NameAHG on Systems Technologies for Volumetric Media
Mandates
1. Study and solicit contributions to improve 23090-10, 23090-18 and their amendments
2. Discuss open issues in MPEG Git (http://mpegx.int-evry.fr/software/MPEG/Systems/PCC-SYS) and propose recommended dispositions
3. Study commonalities among 23090-2, 23090-10 and 23090-18 and propose common metadata definition to be moved to 23090-7 
4. Study reference software and conformance for 23090-10 and 23090-18  and solicit contribution to improve them. 
5. Study 23090-27 and 23090-28 related documents and solicit contributions regarding systems technologies for them.
Chairmen
Youngkwon Lim, Lauri Ilola
Duration
until the 7th MPEG Systems WG meeting
Reflector(s)
gen-sys@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
http://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/gen-sys
Meeting
- biweekly conference calls (detail information will be announced to the gen-sys reflector)
Room Size

NameAhG on MPEG Immersive video
Mandates
1. Prepare the CD of MIV Conformance and Reference software
2. Prepare Preliminary WD1 of ISO/IEC 23090-12 MPEG Immersive video Ed. 2
3. Prepare verification tests for MPEG Immersive video
4. Define common test conditions for MPEG Immersive video
5. Carry out exploration experiments on MPEG Immersive video
6. Carry out joint exploration experiments on Video-based Visual Volumetric Coding
7. Call for MPEG Immersive video test materials
8. Promote MPEG Immersive video outside of MPEG
9. Study new technologies for immersive video coding
Chairmen
Bart Kroon (Philips) (chair)
Vinod Malamal Vadakital (Ofinno) (vice-chair)
Joel Jung (Tencent) (vice-chair)
Duration
Until the next MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
Announcements: mpeg-i-visual@lists.aau.at
Offline discussion: http://mpegx.int-evry.fr/software/MPEG/MIV/InputDocuments
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-i-visual
Meeting
MIV: Feb 8, 22, Mar 8, 22, Apr 5, 15, 20, 22
MIV + AG 5: Apr 19 to prepare REV
MIV + AG 5: Apr 21 to conduct REV
Room Size
Zoom
All meetings are 15:00 – 16:30 UTC unless specified otherwise
Meeting ID: 957 8481 1689
Password: MPEGIVisua

NameAhG on Video-based Graphics Coding
Mandates
1.  Update the V-PCC TMs (SW and documentation) during the editing period
2.Conduct activities to improve V-PCC Conformance and V-PCC Reference SW
3.	Conduct the V-PCC experiments for future enhancements
4.	Coordinate activities on V-PCC Verification Tests
5.	Coordinate scientific and technical dissemination of V-PCC
6.	Coordinate communications of V-GC activities to fairs, exhibitions, workshops, webinars, and enrich www.mpeg-pcc.org with relevant information about V-PCC, enrich online encyclopedia on V-PCC
7.	Solicit additional data sets for all categories
8.	Solicit contributions to encapsulate V-PCC in scene graph 
9.	Coordinate activities on Mesh use cases and requirements
10.    Propose corrections for identified issues in the V-PCC spec
11.  Carry out joint exploration experiments on Video-based Visual Volumetric Coding
12. Coordinate discussions on updating the default video codec for V-PCC CTC and TMC2
Chairmen
Ralf Schaefer (Chair), Khaled Mammou, Madhukar Budagavi
Duration
Until the next MPEG WG 7 Meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-3dgc AT gti. ssr. upm. es
Subscribe
To subscribe, send email to https://mx.gti.ssr.upm.es/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-3dgc
Meeting
Several online sessions before the next MPEG meeting.
Room Size

NameAhG on Geometry-based Point Cloud Compression
Mandates
1.	Improve documentation material for G-PCC
2.	Update the TMs (SW and documentation) during the editing period
3.	Update G-PCC Conformance bitstream and G-PCC Reference SW 
4.	Update the CTC and provide updated anchor points
5.	Conduct the G-PCC experiments for future enhancements
6.	Evaluate the coding tools in Exploration Model in comparison with G-PCC  
7.	Solicit contributions on additional G-PCC use cases
8.	Coordinate scientific and technical dissemination of G-PCC
9.	Coordinate communications of G-PCC to fairs, exhibitions, workshops, webinars.
10.	Solicit additional data sets for all categories
11.	Prepare the content for the Call for Dataset for Lidar applications
12. Coordinate editing of the G-PCC White Paper
Chairmen
Ohji Nakagami (Chair), Toshiyasu Sugio, Sebastien Lasserre
Duration
Until the next MPEG WG7 Meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-3dgc AT gti. ssr. upm. es
Subscribe
To subscribe, send email to https://mx.gti.ssr.upm.es/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-3dgc
Meeting
Several online sessions during the week before the next MPEG meeting.
Room Size

NameAhG on IoMT
Mandates
1. Solicit contributions on IoMT technologies and use cases for additional characteristics to be used by external services/systems 
2. Prepare additional examples for the usage of the technologies in Part 5 for serving the IoMT use-cases
3. Identify and prepare implementations for any missing technology in Part 4
4. Solicit contribution for preparing CD for Parts 1, 2, 3 3rd Ed and Part 5 1st Ed
5. Explore the usage of AI in conjunction with IoMT
Chairmen
Mihai Mitrea, Sang-Kyun Kim
Duration
Until the next MPEG WG7 Meeting
Reflector(s)
MIoTW@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
http://lists.uni-klu.ac.at/mailman/options/MIoTW
Meeting
Several online sessions during the week before the next MPEG meeting.
Room Size

NameAhG on AI based 3D graphics coding
Mandates
1. conduct AI exploration experiments for PCC
2. analyse and collect relevant dataset for AI based PCC
3. explore new AI solutions for PCC
4. collect requirements and use cases for AI based solutions for 3D graphics coding
Chairmen
Dong Tian (chair), Alexandre Zaghetto, Vladyslav Zakharchenko
Duration
until the next MPEG WG 7 meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-3dgc AT gti. ssr. upm. es
Subscribe
To subscribe, send email to https://mx.gti.ssr.upm.es/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-3dgc
Meeting
Several online sessions before the next MPEG meeting.
Room Size

NameAHG on Font Format
Mandates
1. Review the text of ISO/IEC CD 14496-22 Draft International Standards amendment 2 and submit ballot comments, if applicable.
2. Review publicly available WG3 output documents and propose additional changes and updates.
3. Explore potential future changes and updates, and propose new items (if applicable) for consideration in the 5th edition of the OFF specification.
Chairmen
Vladimir Levantovsky (Type Standards)
Duration
Until next meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-otspec@lists.aau.at; https://github.com/MPEGGroup/OpenFontFormat
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-otspec
Meeting
Zoom conference call may be held, if necessary (detailed information will be posted to the AHG reflector)
Room Size

NameAhG on Haptics Support in MPEG
Mandates
1. Monitor progress of the Core Experiment #1 that was defined at MPEG137
2. Complete fleshing out of the Haptics WD text
3. Evaluate the SPQI and ST-SIM perceptual metrics tools (developed by Technical University of Munich) to determine if they can be used to measure haptic codec performance.
4. Continue to refine test platforms and test content proposals for Phase 2A and Phase 2B.
Chairmen
Yeshwant Muthusamy (ymuthusamy@immersion.com), Philippe Guillotel (Philippe.Guillotel@InterDigital.com)
Duration
Until MPEG138
Reflector(s)
mpeg-haptics@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-haptics
Meeting
Weekly calls starting February 1, 2022, at 1400 UTC. Dial-in details will be provided.
Room Size
N/A

NameAhG on Video Coding for Machines
Mandates
Track 1 - Feature extraction and compression tasks
1.Clearly identify and validate the use cases for feature extraction and compression
2.Refine the requirements related to feature extraction and compression
3.Finalize the architecture for video features coding for machines
4.Consider evidence on feature extraction and compression technologies AI tasks and report to WG2 the status of evidence that may lead to a CfE
5.Define a single set of common agreed anchors to be used in the CfE with the aim of finalization by MPEG 138
6.Define evaluation framework and common test conditions based on the documents for VCM
Estimated schedule:
Draft CfE: April 2022. 
CfE: July 2022.

Track 2 - Image and video compression tasks
1.Further refine the requirements document for CfP
2.Refine the evaluation framework and common test conditions based on the documents for VCM
3.Finalize the test datasets to be used in the CfP
4.Finalize the CfP document
Estimated schedule:
Final CfP: April 2022.

Reply to m58528 Liaison statement from SC 42 to SC 29 regarding request for AI relevant Use Cases
Note: Documents shall be submitted to specific tracks.
Chairmen
Track 1:
Manouchehr Rafie (HC) rafie@ieee.org
Yuan Zhang (China Telecom) zhangy666@chinatelecom.cn 
Track 2:
Christopher Hollmann (Ericsson) christopher.hollmann@ericsson.com
Shan Liu (Tencent) shanl@tencent.com
Duration
Until the 138th MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-vcm@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-vcm
Meeting
Bi-weekly conference calls will be arranged on the track basis before the MPEG 138 (time to be announced)
AhG meetings: 0500-0700, 1300-1500 UTC Wednesday,1300-1500, 2100-2300 UTC Thursday, 1300-1500 UTC Friday before MPEG-138
Room Size
100

NameAhG on Carriage of Green Metadata
Mandates
1. Study extensions of 23001-11 on decoding complexity metrics for decoder-power reduction
2. Study extensions of 23001-11 on metrics for quality recovery after low-power encoding
3. Study extensions of 23001-11 on signalling for remote decoder-power reduction 
4. Consolidate the DIS specification of 23001-11 3rd edition and prepare FDIS
5. Prepare software implementation of the Green Metadata for VVC
Chairmen
Edouard Francois (InterDigital), Christian Herglotz (FAU), Yong He (Qualcomm)
Duration
Until next MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
gen-sys@lists.aau.at – use [green] in email header
Subscribe
http://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/gen-sys
Meeting
Several online sessions before the next MPEG meeting if necessary
Room Size

NameAhG on Omnidirectional MediA Format (OMAF)
Mandates
1) Issue text for integrated 3rd Ed. of OMAF
2) Preparation of OMAF version2 reference software and conformance
3) Study the metrics under consideration (23090-6 TuC)
4) Study the technologies under consideration (23090-2 TuC)
5) Maintain relationship with relevant SDOs, e.g. VRIF, 3GPP SA4
Chairmen
Sachin Deshpande, Ye-Kui Wang, Youngkwon Lim
Duration
Until the next WG3 Meeting
Reflector(s)
gen-sys@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
http://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/gen-sys
Meeting
Online AHG meeting (as required) will be announced 2 weeks in advance
Room Size

NameAHG on MPEG-I Scene Description
Mandates
1.	Complete the analysis of the capabilities of ISO/IEC 23090-14 (first edition) against the requirements for MPEG-I Scene description WG3 N0449 (#267)
2.	Review the frozen MPEG-I Requirements related to scene description and include relevant ones to MPEG-I Requirements document.
3.	For each extension in the FDIS (WG3 N0485 (#263)) complete the registration form as glTF2.0 extension and communicate with Khronos.
4.	Address the integration of V-PCC, G-PCC, V3C, MIV and other MPEG codecs and technologies into Scene Description jointly with 3DG/video/systems/audio based and progress Amd.1 of ISO/IEC 23090-14:2022 (WG3 N0502 #264)
5.	Conduct the evaluation experiments on as defined in WG3 N0458 (#268)
6.	Collect/coordinate test assets that support the development of the MPEG-I Scene description work according to clause 5 of (WG3 N0448 #266).
7.	Work on conformance and reference software and progress the WD (WG3 N0462 #269).
8.	Monitor ongoing scene description related work in the industry and in other groups and organizations
9.	Communicate with Khronos on the MPEG extensions and other relevant topics related to Scene Description
10.	Prepare a White Paper on Scene Description for MPEG#138
Chairmen
Thomas Stockhammer (tsto@qti.qualcomm.com)
Mary-Luc Champel (champelmaryluc@xiaomi.com)
Duration
Until MPEG138
Reflector(s)
mpeg-i-scene@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-i-scene
 
Please check gitlab discussions here:
http://mpegx.int-evry.fr/software/MPEG/SceneDescription/MPEG-Contributions/issues
Meeting
AHG Calls
•	Monday January 31, 2022 14:30 – 16:00 UTC (15:30 – 17:00 CET)
•	Monday March 7, 2022 14:30 – 16:00 UTC (15:30 – 17:00 CET)
•	Monday March 21, 2022 14:30 – 16:00 UTC (15:30 – 17:00 CET)
•	Monday April 4, 2022 13:30 – 15:00 UTC (15:30 – 17:00 CEST)
•	Friday April 22, 2022 13:30 – 15:00 UTC (15:30 – 17:00 CEST)

Note:
•	3GPP SA4#117 February 14-23, 2022
•	3GPP SA4#118 April 6-14, 2022

Logistics
-	Zoom: http://iso.zoom.us/my/stockhammer, Passwd as of MPEG#137
-	Chairs create issue in gitlab to collect comments.
-	If MPEG#138 repository is not yet available, use MPEG#137 repository.

Calendar
-	Subscription link for MPEG AHG Calls:  http://mpeg.expert/live/nextcloud/remote.php/dav/public-calendars/HAwkATGsmc5bN3Qy?export
-	Public link for MPEG AHG Calls http://mpeg.expert/live/nextcloud/index.php/apps/calendar/p/HAwkATGsmc5bN3Qy
Room Size

NameAHG on Application Formats
Mandates
CMAF (Common Media Application Format)
1. Study the TuC/DuI and the Exploration documents and solicit further input
2. Clarify the text regarding edit list
3. Study the use of ISOBMFF type combination and supplemental brands
4. Solicit feedback on the DIS of Amd1 of Ed 3
5. Solicit further contributions on CMAF conformance and test vectors
6. Solicit feedback on the open issues on GitHub and GitLab 

MIAF (Multi-Image Application Format)
1. Study the TuC and solicit further input
2. Solicit feedback on the open issues on GitHub and GitLab
Chairmen
Krasimir Kolarov; Cyril Concolato
Duration
until 138th meeting
Reflector(s)
CMAF - mpeg-cmaf@lists.aau.at
MIAF, VIAF - mpeg-maf-dev@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
CMAF - https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-cmaf
MIAF, VIMAF - https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-maf-dev
Meeting
Room Size
AF Conference call, Feb. 24, 2022, 16:00-17:00 UTC, Mar. 14, 2022, 15:00-16:00 UTC,  April 21, 2022, 15:00-17:00 UTC

NameAhG on Network-Based Media Processing
Mandates
1.	Improve the TuC (WG03 N0443)
2.	Improve and update NBMP Implementation Guidelines draft text DTR (WG03 N0500) including aligning it with revised text of 2nd edition FDIS
3.	Solicit inputs for examples of schedule descriptor scenarios to be included in the Implementation Guidelines.
4.	Provide implementibility evidence for reference function templates of the 2nd edition FDIS
5.	Solicit inputs on the conformance software and test vectors, and OpenAPI descriptions and develop a work plan for them
6.	Develop the plan for collaboration with other relevant SDOs, e.g., 3GPP SA4, ATSC, ETSI MEC, and OpenStack Foundation
7.	Solicit new NBMP use-cases and applications for the future development of the standard
Chairmen
Kyungmo Park (SK Telecom), and Iraj Sodagar (Tencent)
Duration
Until the next MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-nbmp@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-nbmp
Meeting
No meeting
Room Size

NameAhG on MPEG Use Cases and Requirements
Mandates
1. Support other Working Groups with the preparation of draft requirements and use case descriptions in a unified way.
2. Gather such requirements and use case descriptions for final refinement and approval by WG2.
3. Progress the development of MPEG-I Part 1 Technical Report to regularly align with the progress of MPEG-I suite standards. 
4. Progress guidelines on the drafting of WG2 requirements.
5. Progress MPEG-I Phase 2 requirements.
Chairmen
Mary-Luc Champel, Xiaomi (champelmaryluc@xiaomi.com)
Igor D.D Curcio, Nokia (igor.curcio@nokia.com)
Duration
Until next meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-req@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-req
Meeting
1 online meeting TBC at least 2 weeks in advance
Room Size

NameAhG on Video Decoding Interface
Mandates
1. To study DIS and TuC, and solicit contributions to improve it
2. To disseminate to JVET the DIS of Video Decoding Interface for Immersive Media
3. To solicit contributions to improve the proposed input formatting library on gitlab (https://gitlab.com/mpeg-i/video-decoding-interface/libbeam)
4. To solicit open source implementation of OpenMAX, MSE or Vulkan to be used as a starting point of implementation of VDI extensions.  
6. To solicit the contributions to improve SEI messages for input formatting function
Chairmen
Youngkwon Lim, Emmanuel Thomas, Thomas Stockhammer
Duration
Until the 7th MPEG Systems WG meeting
Reflector(s)
gen-sys@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/gen-sys
Meeting
no meeting
Room Size

NameAhG on MPEG DASH
Mandates
1. Study and improve Part 1 text of DAM1 (WG3 0459) and AMD2 Working Draft (WG3 0486)
2. Study technologies under consideration (TuC; WG3 0466) and defect under investigation (DuI; WG3 0454)
3. Continue to work on conformance and reference software
4. Study the fast tune-in use case and various proposals in TuC including whether the use of Content-disposition and multipart body together in HTTP GET response conforms to the HTTP standard and practices
5. Investigate the audio decode during the period transition as indicated in TuC
6. Study and improve the signaling and client processing of events as in TuC and DuI and solicit feedback from the industry on the use of events.
Chairmen
Iraj Sodagar, Christian Timmerer, Ali C. Begen
Duration
Until the next MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
dash@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/dash
Meeting
Conf calls:

-	Friday Apr 22, 17-18:30 UTC, Preparation call for MPEG#138
Room Size
Zoom link: https://iso.zoom.us/j/4158105690 
  Password in MPEG's Nextcloud calendar.

NameAhG on Market Needs
Mandates
1. Maintain and consider updates on the scope and process of the Market Needs analysis. 
2. Run the Market Needs analysis on Lenslet Video Coding (LVC) activity until MPEG 138.
Chairmen
Gilles Teniou, Tencent (teniou@tencent.com)
Justin Ridge, Nokia (justin.ridge@nokia.com)
Duration
Until MPEG 138
Reflector(s)
mpeg-market@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-market
Meeting
(tentative)29th March 22 2-3:30 pm UTC
Room Size

NameAHG on Compression of Neural Networks for Multimedia Content Description and Analysis
Mandates
1. Maintain data sets and INCTM
2. Perform CEs for incremental NN compression and analyse the results
3. Study decoder conformance under limited precision
4. Investigate application of NNC to further use cases (e.g., VCM and AI-based PCC)
5. Study relation of NNC to communication patterns in federated learning
6. Continue interaction with SC42, FG ML5G, NNEF, ONNX and the AI/ML community
Chairmen
Werner Bailer (chair, werner.bailer@joanneum.at)
Sungmoon Chun (vice-chair, smchun@insignal.co.kr)
Wei Wang (vice-chair, rick.weiwang@alibaba-inc.com)
Duration
until next MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-nnr@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-nnr
Meeting
Room Size
Thu/Fri before next MPEG meeting

NameAhG on Lenslet Video Coding
Mandates
1. Study use cases of Lenslet Video Coding for Dense Light Fields
2. Update requirements of Lenslet Video Coding for Dense Light Fields
3. Define common test conditions of Lenslet Video Coding
4. Carry out exploration experiments on Lenslet Video Coding
5. Collect test materials for Lenslet Video Coding
6. Encourage input responses to WG2 call for market needs of Lenslet Video Coding 
7. Prepare the draft Call for Proposals (CfP) for Lenslet Video Coding
Chairmen
Mehrdad Teratani (Université Libre de Bruxelles)
Xin Jin (Tsinghua Shenzhen International Graduate School)
Duration
Until next MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-i-visual@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-i-visual
Meeting
24 March 2022
21, 22 April 2022
Room Size
Zoom
All meetings are 12:00 - 14:00 UTC unless specified otherwise
Meeting ID: 957 8481 1689
Password: MPEGIVisua

NameAHG on MPEG File Formats
Mandates
1.	Discuss and address the Github and Gitlab issues.
2.	Support the groups using the file formats (including audio, DASH, CMAF, OMAF, MORE, MIAF, PCC, NBMP et al.)
3.	Study the Technologies under Consideration and Working Draft documents and propose improvements. Study the defect reports and propose corrigendum text.
4.	Study the proposed clarifications on the definition of brands, particularly in the ISO base media file format, and suggest improvements.
5.	Study improvements to movie fragments especially when recording e.g. at gateways, and dynamic tracks.
6.	Maintain and update the conformance streams, reference software, white papers and one-pagers, and registration authority, as needed. Study whether conformance checking can be (maybe partially) automated using Kaitai or automated parsers, and how the specifications and conformance can be managed as a coordinated workflow. 
7.	Check the specifications for unregistered MIME types and parameters and start registering them. Audit files as needed for the MP4RA.
8.	Consider the designs for renderable text in the HEIF format.
9.	Refine the design for the carriage of uncompressed video
Chairmen
David Singer (Apple) and Per Fröjdh (Ericsson)
Duration
Until next meeting
Reflector(s)
mp4-sys@lists.aau.at
https://github.com/MPEGGroup/FileFormat
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mp4-sys
Meeting
yes, virtual via Doodle on Raw Video
Room Size
n/a
2 hours Zoom

NameAhG on Encoder and Packager Synchronization
Mandates
1. Promote and disseminate the CfP at venues and relevant networks, SDO, industry workshops, events
2. Organize an AhG call in March
Chairmen
Rufael Mekuria
Alex Giladi
Khaled Jerbi
Duration
Until the next meeting
Reflector(s)
synched-encoding@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/synched-encoding
Meeting
A call prior to the MPEG meeting
Room Size
Zoom links: To be posted in the reflector
Online

NameAhG on Render-based architecture and technical report
Mandates
1. Study the architecture in the current TuC m59132 for Part 28, and suggest improvements toward the creation of a Technical report that will provide background and architecture information for MPEG render-based systems and technologies.
2. Provide draft input to MPEG 138 for the MPEG Part 27 technical report.
Chairmen
Arianne T. Hinds (ahinds@tencent.com), Peter Ludé (pete@missionrockdigital.com), Thomas Alder (Thomas.alder@otoy.com)
Duration
Until the next MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-render@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-render
Meeting
Biweekly teleconference calls starting on Thursday 27 January 2022 for 90 minutes
Room Size
Start time for meetings TBD on the reflector. Additional meetings as needed and scheduled, to be announced no less than two weeks in advance on the reflector.
All meetings by Zoom to be announced on the reflector and in the MPEG calendar.

NameAhG on Quality of Immersive Visual Media
Mandates
1. Study the Draft Overview of Quality Metrics and Methodologies for Immersive Visual Media (AG 5/N47);
2. Solicit inputs for subjective evaluation methods and objective metrics for immersive video (e.g., 360, MIV, V-PCC, G-PCC);
3. Organize public online workshop(s) on Quality of Immersive Media: Assessment and Metrics.
Chairmen
Christian Timmerer (AAU/Bitmovin), Joel Jung (Tencent), Aljosa Smolic (Trinity College Dublin)
Duration
Until the next MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-vqa@lists.rwth-aachen.de
Subscribe
https://lists.rwth-aachen.de/postorius/lists/mpeg-vqa.lists.rwth-aachen.de/
Meeting
Meetings are held online and are to be announced at least two weeks before the AHG meeting date. One meeting on Fri at 1400 UTC before the MPEG week.
Room Size

NameAhG on MPEG Media Transport (MMT)
Mandates
1. Execute the work plan on the conformance including aligning it with MMT 3rd edition and DAM3
2. Solicit inputs on the conformance software and test vectors
3. Work on the CE on Hyper Media/ 5G-ATSC3.0 MEC use cases and requirements for MMT extension
4.Keep relevant SDOs informed MMT (ITU-T SG16, ATSC, 3GPP, ARIB, etc.,)
Chairmen
Kyungmo Park (SK Telecom)
Duration
Until the next MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
MMT-TNT@listserv.uni-hannover.de
Subscribe
MMT-TNT-request@listserv.uni-hannover.de
Meeting
No meeting
Room Size

NameAhG for Render-based 3D technologies
Mandates
1. Establish the abstract entities of the “independent mapping space” 

2. Identify ITMF nodes and attributes corresponding to the abstract entities from the “independent mapping space”;

3. Identify Unreal and Unity Engines data structure corresponding to the abstract entities from the “independent mapping space”;

4. Identify MPEG codecs corresponding to the abstract entities from the “independent mapping space”;

5. Study (encoding) options for handling ITMF nodes and attributes that are not good candidates for mapping into an independent mapping space.

6. Provide input to MPEG 138 on results conducted toward identifying an independent mapping space.

7. Provide input to MPEG 138 that will recommend next steps for the development of other specifications that can aid in the efficient delivery of the ITMF with MPEG extensions to a render-based client over a network.

8. Refine the requirements identified for MPEG Phase 1 (m59129) and for beyond Phase 1 (m59130).

9. Continue to solicit industry engagement.
Chairmen
Arianne T. Hinds, Peter Ludé, Thomas Alder
Duration
until the next WG 7 MPEG 3DG meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-render@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-render
Meeting
Biweekly teleconference calls starting on Thursday 27 January 2022 for 90 minutes
Room Size
Start time for meetings TBD on the reflector. Additional meetings as needed and scheduled, to be announced no less than two weeks in advance on the reflector.
All meetings by Zoom to be announced on the reflector and in the MPEG calendar.

NameAhG on MPEG & 5G
Mandates
1. Study of 5G use cases, requirements, specifications and new work items that could be relevant to MPEG work.

2. Identify potential new MPEG activities that can help the industry deploy applications, including media services, over 5G.

3. Provide initial requirements for the identified new MPEG activities.

4. Solicit contributions on a document including 3GPP XR use cases in order to
gather typical traffic characteristics of media types from WGs 4,5,6,7.

5. Study the presentations of the ITU workshop on AI and Multimedia (January 2022) and derive possible relations about the AI topics between MPEG and 3GPP.
Chairmen
Igor D.D. Curcio (Nokia) igor.curcio@nokia.com
Emmanuel Thomas (Xiaomi) thomase@xiaomi.com
Duration
Until the next MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-and-5g@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-and-5g
Meeting
One conference call to be announced 2 weeks in advance
Room Size

NameAhG on MPEG Roadmap
Mandates
1.Update the MPEG roadmap in different formats (Word, long PPT, short PPT,
video, web) according to the periodical schedule and the BoG report notes.
2. Gather input from the WG convenors about Annex B and C of the Word doc.
3. Discuss with the convenors how to collect feedback from the industry (e.g.,
via a survey on mpeg.org).
Chairmen
Arianne Hinds (Tencent) ahinds@tencent.com
Igor D.D. Curcio (Nokia) igor.curcio@nokia.com
Sachin Deshpande (Sharp) sdeshpande@sharplabs.com
Duration
Until the next MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
mpegvision@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpegvision
Meeting
One concerence call to be announced 2 weeks in advance
Room Size

NameAhG on Essential Video Coding
Mandates
1. Coordinate management of the ETM software and its distribution;
2. Discuss EVC related input documents to WG4 7th meeting.
Chairmen
Roman Chernyak (r.chernyack@gmail.com)
Min Woo Park
Duration
Until next WG04 meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-5@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-5
Meeting
Friday before next WG04 meeting
Room Size

NameAhG on Learning-based Quality Metrics for 2D Video
Mandates
1. Produce and maintain the output document “Learning-based quality metrics and 2D video databases under study”; 
2. Compile and maintain the list of video databases suitable and available to be used in AG5’s study, including those from remote experts viewings; 
3. Compile and maintain the list of learning-based quality metrics for 2D video to be studied;
4. Evaluate the correlation between the learning-based quality metrics and subjective quality scores in the databases, and suggest potential refinements to remote experts viewing protocols;
5. Study the suitability of learning-based quality metrics for evaluating compression performance.
Chairmen
Yan Ye (Alibaba), Joel Jung (Tencent), Mathias Wien (RWTH Aachen University)
Duration
until the next AG5 meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-vqa@lists.rwt-aachen.de
Subscribe
https://lists.rwth-aachen.de/postorius/lists/mpeg-vqa.lists.rwth-aachen.de/
Meeting
Meetings are held online and are to be announced at least two weeks before the AHG meeting date. One meeting on Fri 0600 UTC before the MPEG week.
Room Size

NameAhG on Guidelines for Subjective Visual Quality Evaluation
Mandates
1. Maintain the output document on “Guidelines for verification testing of visual media specifications”;
2. Maintain the output document on “Guidelines for remote experts viewing sessions”;
3. Consider extensions of the guidelines for remote experts viewing for more test types.
Chairmen
Mathias Wien (RWTH Aachen University), Lu Yu (Zhejiang University), Joel Jung (Tencent)
Duration
until the next AG5 meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-vqa@lists.rwt-aachen.de
Subscribe
https://lists.rwth-aachen.de/postorius/lists/mpeg-vqa.lists.rwth-aachen.de/
Meeting
Meetings are held online and are to be announced at least two weeks before the AHG meeting date.
Room Size

NameAhG on Low Complexity Enhancement Video Coding
Mandates
1. Encourage submission of input documents relative to potential extension to LCEVC, study them and prepare summary document for input at WG4 7th meeting
2. Coordinate management of the LTM software and its distribution
3. Coordinate collection of information relative to deployment and availability of LCEVC
4. Discuss any other LCEVC related input documents to WG4 7th meeting
Chairmen
Walt Husak (Chair), Simone Ferrara (Vice-Chair)
Duration
Until the next WG4 meeting
Reflector(s)
vcexp@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/vcexp
Meeting
Zoom call may be held ahead of meeting - will be announced via reflector
Room Size

NameAHG on MPEG-I Immersive Audio and Audio Maintenance
Mandates
1.	Execute Workplan on MPEG-I Immersive Audio
2.	Review and validate Technologies under consideration for MPEG-D DRC  
3.	Maintain Audio-related conformance data and reference software
Chairmen
Schuyler Quackenbush (ARL) srq at audioresearchlabs . com
Duration
Until 7th WG 6 Meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-audio-call@audioresearchlabs.com
Subscribe
•	To subscribe or unsubscribe to the list, send email to
the AhG Chair
•	To post on the mailing list, send email to
 mpeg-audio-call@ audioresearchlabs.com 
Note that posting is blocked for non-members
Meeting
No meetings
Room Size

NameAHG on Genomic Information Representation
Mandates
1.	To contribute to the execution of the Core Experiments identified in Description of Core Experiments on Graph Genomes and work towards detailing the support for clinical data interchange
2.	To contribute to the improvements of the Study of Text FDIS 23092-6
3.	To contribute to the development of a 3rd edition of 23092-1, 23092-2 and 23092-4 to support Part 6 and the new technologies identified by the answer to the call for technology
4.	To contribute to the development of a 3rd edition of 23092-3 on the relationship of Part 3 metadata and protection to Part 6 annotations and related metadata through CE6 and update to the APIs to support Part 6
5.	To finalize the reference software
6.	To compile common test conditions for the evaluation of MPEG-G performance
7.	To collect additional test data useful to be used for assessing technologies related to the submissions to the CfP
8.	To disseminate the information and coordinate the activities carried out by ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 29/WG 8 to other ISO TCs, GA4GH and other organizations
9.	To contribute to the further development of the Performance Benchmarking study and related publications
10.	To discuss and coordinate WG8 contributions to relevant bioinformatics conferences and events.
11.	To investigate how to promote MPEG-G among public health regulators and entities dealing with genomic data formats
12.	Investigate use cases and standard support from ISO TC34 SC16 and SC9 in collaboration with ISO TC 34 members
Chairmen
Raymond Krasinski (Philips)
Paolo Ribeca (Bioss)
Duration
Until the next WG8 meeting
Reflector(s)
SC29-WG8-AHG@listes.epfl.ch
Subscribe
To subscribe, send email to SC29-WG8-AHG-subscribe@listes.epfl.ch
Meeting
Yes
Room Size
30
As needed, meetings for the coordination of the development of the reference SW and performance benchmark will be scheduled and the Thursday and Friday prior to the WG8 meeting from 1 PM CET to 7 PM CET

Ad hoc groups from other meetings:
MPEG 137, MPEG 136, MPEG 135, MPEG 134, MPEG 133, MPEG 132, MPEG 131