Skip to content

Ad hoc groups

Ad hoc groups of MPEG 143

NameAhG on Carriage of Green Metadata
GroupWG 3 - MPEG Systems
Mandates
1. Prepare FDIS of AMD1 of 23001-11 3rd edition for EVC
2. Investigate uses and improvements of display power reduction metadata
3. Improve WD and prepare CD of AMD2 of 23001-11 3rd edition for new display power reduction metadata
4. Study other potential improvements of 23001-11 3rd edition
Chair(s)
Edouard Francois (InterDigital), Christian Herglotz (FAU), Yong He (Qualcomm)
Duration
Until next MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
gen-sys@lists.aau.at – use [green] in email header
Subscribe
http://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/gen-sys
Meeting
Several online sessions before the next MPEG meeting if necessary
Room Size

NameAhG on MPEG immersive video
GroupWG 4 - MPEG Video Coding
Mandates
1. Prepare WD2 of ISO/IEC 23090-12 MPEG immersive video 2nd edition
2. Define common test conditions for MPEG immersive video 2nd edition
3. Carry out MPEG immersive video 2nd edition core experiments
4. Study new technologies for immersive video coding
5. Promote MPEG immersive video outside of MPEG
Chair(s)
bart.kroon@philips.com, Bart Kroon (Chair)
dawid.mieloch@put.poznan.pl, Dawid Mieloch (Vice-chair)
Duration
Until the next MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
Announcements: mpeg-i-visual@lists.aau.at
Offline discussion: http://mpegx.int-evry.fr/software/MPEG/Video/MIV/Contributions
Subscribe
Email to: mpeg-i-visual-join@lists.aau.at
Meeting
Hannover: October 15, 09:00 - 18:00 CET
Room Size
30
Online: August 29, September 12, 26, October 10
All 11:30 UTC (90 min)
Two calls are joint with AG 5
Meeting ID: 957 8481 1689
Password: MPEGIVisua

NameAHG on Font Format
GroupGeneral/All
Mandates
1. Review the text of the updated Working Draft of ISO/IEC 14496-22 5th edition (WG03N0933).
2. Review the remaining parts of “Technologies under consideration for ISO/IEC 14496-22 5th edition Open Font Format” document (WG03N0888), work on developing and finalizing specification changes to overcome the 64K glyph limit and other changes, and provide recommendations for the WG3 on how these changes can be integrated in the “Open Font Format” standard.
3. Explore potential future changes and updates, and propose new items (if applicable) for consideration in the 5th edition of the OFF specification.
Chair(s)
Vladimir Levantovsky (Type Standards)
Duration
Until next meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-otspec@lists.aau.at; https://github.com/MPEGGroup/OpenFontFormat
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-otspec
Meeting
Zoom conference call may be held, if necessary (detailed information will be posted to the AHG reflector)
Room Size

NameAhG on interactive testing of visual volumetric media
GroupAG 5 - MPEG Visual Quality Assessment
Mandates
1. Study methodologies for interactive subjective quality assessment of immersive video;
2. Identify real-time renderers for the purpose of MPEG immersive video visual quality assessment;
3. Identify related activities in other standardization organizations.
Chair(s)
bart.kroon@philips.com, Bart Kroon (chair)
jiaqi.zhang@zju.edu.cn, Jiaqi Zhang (vice chair)
joeljung@global.tencent.com, Joel Jung (vice chair)
Duration
Until the next MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
Announcements: mpeg-vqa@lists.rwth-aachen.de
Offline discussion: https://mpeg.expert/software/MPEG/VQA/InVol/Contributions
Subscribe
mpeg-vqa-request@lists.rwth-aachen.de
Meeting
Hannover: October 15
16:00 CET (1 h)
Joint with WG 4
Room Size
20
Online: September 26, October 10
Both 11:30 UTC (1 h)
Joint with WG 4
Meeting ID: 957 8481 1689
Password: MPEGIVisua

NameAhG on Redundant Encoding and Packaging (ReaP)
GroupWG 3 - MPEG Systems
Mandates
1. Solicit technical and editorial feedback on the DIS.
2. Study the new developments in the ISOBMFF to replace the track grouping signaling that is currently addressed by the use of kind boxes and identifiers.
3. Transition from the old email reflector to the DASH email reflector
Chair(s)
Rufael Mekuria (Unified Streaming)
Khaled Jerbi (Ateme)
Yasser Syed (Comcast)
Duration
Until the next MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
dash@lists.aau.at (Note the switching to the DASH reflector).
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/dash
Meeting
No AhG Meeting
Room Size

NameAhG on Smart Contracts for Media
GroupWG 3 - MPEG Systems
Mandates
1. Solicit industry participation and contributions for ISO/IEC 23000-23 Decentralized Media Rights Application Format based on ISO/IEC 21000-23 Smart Contracts for Media.

2. Study and solicit contributions (e.g., technologies and APIs) for ISO/IEC 23000-23 Decentralized Media Rights Application Format in the areas: a) Smart contracts and DLTs; b) Rights and metadata management; c) Content and creator IDs; and c) File formats and streaming protocols.

3. Enhance collaboration with liaisons (e.g., ISO/TC 307/WG3, ITU-T Q.22/SG16, INATBA, W3C DIDs, ISO/TC46/SC9/WG18 ISCC and EC) and conduct further dissemination activities (e.g., Digital Asset Management WG - Metaverse Standards Forum).

4. Study and improve the WD of ISO/IEC 23000-23 Decentralized Media Rights Application.
Chair(s)
Panos Kudumakis and Mirko Zichichi
Duration
Until the 144th MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
smart-contracts@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/smart-contracts
Meeting
Biweekly calls starting Wed 2 Aug. 2023, alternatively at 13:00 & 15:00 UTC (2 h)
Room Size

NameAHG on Genomic Information Representation
GroupGeneral/All
Mandates
1.	To contribute to the execution of the Core Experiments identified in Description of Core Experiments on Graph Genomes and work towards detailing the support for clinical data interchange
2.	To contribute to the development of a 3rd edition of 23092-1, 23092-4 and 2nd edition 23092-5 to support Part 6 and the new technologies identified by the answer to the call for technology
3.	To contribute to the development of a 3rd edition of 23092-3 on the relationship of Part 3 metadata and protection to Part 6 annotations and related metadata through CE6 and update to the APIs to support Part 6
4.	To finalize the reference software annex to 23092-4 3rd edition
5.	To compile common test conditions for the evaluation of MPEG-G performance
6.	To collect additional test data useful to be used for assessing technologies related to the submissions to the CfP
7.	To disseminate the information and coordinate the activities carried out by ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 29/WG 8 to other ISO TCs, GA4GH and other organizations
8.	To contribute to the further development of the Performance Benchmarking study and related publications.
9.	Investigate use cases and standard support from ISO TC34 SC16 and SC9 in collaboration with ISO TC 34 members
10.	Prepare further studies of distributed management of private and protection of genomics data that is adaptable to the patient’s requirements and applicable regulations and encourage outside contributions
11.	Prepare the definition of use cases and associated requirements relevant to mandate 10
Chair(s)
Raymond Krasinski (Philips)
Paolo Ribeca (Bioss)
Duration
Until the next WG8 meeting
Reflector(s)
SC29-WG8-AHG@listes.epfl.ch
Subscribe
To subscribe, send email to SC29-WG8-AHG-subscribe@listes.epfl.ch
Meeting
Yes
Room Size
15
Virtual meetings to work on Ad Hoc Mandates will take place on Aug 16th at 16:00 CET and Sept 7th at 16:00 CET. As needed, other virtual meetings for the coordination of the development of the reference SW and performance benchmark may be scheduled on zoom with the appropriate advanced notice. An Ad Hoc virtual meeting on Zoom preceding the next MPEG meeting will take place on Thursday, Oct 12th  at 2PM CET to 5 PM CET.

NameAHG on the support of ISO 23494
GroupGeneral/All
Mandates
1.	Investigate the possible compatibility between TC 276 ISO 23494 [Biotechnology – Provenance information model for biological material and data] and 23092-3
2.	Investigate the technical approach to implement the mutual support of ISO 23494 and ISO/IEC 23092 standard series
3.	Identify the steps and the normative requirements to implement such support
Chair(s)
Jaime Delgado (UPC)
Joerg Geiger (Uni-Wuerzburg)
Duration
Until the next WG8 meeting
Reflector(s)
WG8-TC276WG5_AHG@listes.epfl.ch
Subscribe
To subscribe, send email to WG8-TC276WG5_AHG-subscribe@listes.epfl.ch
Meeting
Yes
Room Size
As needed, virtual meetings for the execution of the mandates may be scheduled on zoom with the appropriate advanced notice. An Ad Hoc preceding the next MPEG meeting will take place on Thursday, Oct 12th at 5 PM CET to 6 PM CET.

NameAhG on Feature Compression for Video Coding for Machines
GroupWG 2 - MPEG Technical Requirements
Mandates
1. Review CfP responses
2. React to issues found with the CfP
3. Produce the CfP test report
Chair(s)
Chris Rosewarne (Canon) chris.rosewarne@canon.com.au
Yuan Zhang (China Telecom) zhangy666@chinatelecom.cn
Duration
Until the 144th MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-vcm@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-vcm
Meeting
•	Option for conference call with two-week notice
•	Friday, Saturday: 0900 - 2200 (Local time)
Room Size
60

NameAhG on Market Needs
GroupWG 2 - MPEG Technical Requirements
Mandates
Metaverse-related activity 
1) Identify existing MPEG technologies that can serve metaverse-related experiences. (provide use cases and associated technical analysis)
2) Identify potential needs in the metaverse context for efficient media coding technology and related systems technologies. In particular - Enhancements to existing standards - New activities. 
3) Prepare for dissemination the outcome of 1 & 2 to metaverse-related fora (e.g., Metaverse Standards Forum) and the public, including the production of a white paper.

Audio Coding for Machines activity
4) Run the Market Needs analysis on Audio Coding for Machines (ACoM) activity.
Chair(s)
Gilles Teniou, Tencent (teniou@tencent.com)
Justin Ridge, Nokia (justin.ridge@nokia.com)
Duration
Until the next MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-market@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-market
Meeting
Audio Coding for Machines
Date/time to be announced 4 weeks before
Room Size

NameAhG on MPEG-AI
GroupWG 2 - MPEG Technical Requirements
Mandates
Technical report on MPEG-AI
  1.Define the MPEG vision on AI
    -How AI will be used? (compression, other tasks, configurations…)
    -Identify challenges for AI in compression
  2.Identify and document AI-related activities (Technologies and applicable use cases) within MPEG as candidate parts of the MPEG-AI project
  3.Collect associated working assumptions (seek inputs from other WGs)
Requirements
  4. Collect requirements (from mandate 2) related to AI for multimedia
Chair(s)
Gilles Teniou, Tencent (teniou@tencent.com)
Dong Tian,InterDigital (dong.tian@interdigital.com)
Duration
Until the next MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-ai@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-ai
Meeting
September 6th 2023 13:00-14:00 UTC
Progress Vision & Draft TR
Room Size
Sunday 15th October (Hannover) 9:00-10:00
Progress Vision & Draft TR

NameAhG on Render-based architecture and technical report
GroupWG 2 - MPEG Technical Requirements
Mandates
1. Prepare to respond to ballot comments for the CD TR.
2. Continue to refine the requirements documents both for Phase 1b and beyond Phase 1 of render-based 3D technologies.
3. Begin identification of topics that are potential candidates for inclusion in V2.0 of Part 27.
4. Continue to solicit industry engagement.
Chair(s)
arianne.hinds@comcast.net,Arianne T. Hinds
pete@missionrockdigital.com,Peter Ludé
esjang@hanyang.ac.kr,Euee Jang
Duration
Until the next MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-render@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-render
Meeting
Biweekly teleconference calls starting on Thursday 03 August 2023 for 90 minutes
Room Size
UTC 14:00 to 15:30 or as agreed by AhG members.
All meetings by Zoom to be announced on the reflector and in the MPEG calendar. All meetings using the following Zoom coordinates.

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85880552411?pwd=NzFFdzdGUlRVUmU4VzBmRXRXZ2dCZz09

Meeting ID: 858 8055 2411
Passcode: 256286

NameAHG on Compression of Neural Networks for Multimedia Content Description and Analysis
GroupWG 4 - MPEG Video Coding
Mandates
1. Maintain data sets and INCTM
2. Study performance of NNC on low-precision inputs
3. Collect further application and performance reports of NNC (e.g., VCM, AI-based PCC, implicit neural scene representations)
4. Continue interaction with SC42, SG16/Q5, 3GPP SA4, NNEF, ONNX and the AI/ML community
5. Finalise white paper for 2nd edition
Chair(s)
Werner Bailer (chair, werner.bailer@joanneum.at)
Sungmoon Chun (vice-chair, smchun@insignal.co.kr)
Duration
until next MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-nnr@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
Email to: mpeg-nnr-join@lists.aau.at
Meeting
Sunday afternoon before next WG 4 meeting (on-site)
Room Size
20

NameAhG on MPEG Use Cases and Requirements
GroupWG 2 - MPEG Technical Requirements
Mandates
1. Support other Working Groups with the preparation of draft requirements and use case descriptions in a unified way.
2. Gather such requirements and use case descriptions for final refinement and approval by WG2.
3. Progress the development of MPEG-I Phase 3 requirements and include references to MPEG-I requirements defined elsewhere in their own documents.
4. Progress the development of MPEG-I Part 1 Technical Report to regularly align with the progress of MPEG-I suite standards. 
5. Progress guidelines on the drafting of WG2 requirements.
Chair(s)
Mary-Luc Champel, Xiaomi (champelmaryluc@xiaomi.com)
Igor D.D Curcio, Nokia (igor.curcio@nokia.com)
Duration
Until next meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-req@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-req
Meeting
1 online meeting TBC at least 2 weeks in advance
Room Size

NameAhG on quality metrics for 2D video
GroupAG 5 - MPEG Visual Quality Assessment
Mandates
1. Maintain and update the output document “Learning-based quality metrics and 2D video databases under study”; 
2. Maintain and update the output document “Dataset of compressed video for study of quality metrics”; 
3. Evaluate the correlation between the quality metrics and subjective quality scores in the dataset of compressed video for study of quality metrics;
4. Study the suitability of learning-based quality metrics for evaluating compression performance.
Chair(s)
Yan Ye (Alibaba), Joel Jung (Tencent), Zhibo Chen (USTC), Mathias Wien (RWTH Aachen University)
Duration
until the next AG 5 meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-vqa@lists.rwth-aachen.de
Subscribe
https://lists.rwth-aachen.de/postorius/lists/mpeg-vqa.lists.rwth-aachen.de/
Meeting
Meetings are held online and are to be announced at least two weeks before the AHG meeting date.
Room Size

NameAhG on Guidelines for Subjective Visual Quality Evaluation
GroupAG 5 - MPEG Visual Quality Assessment
Mandates
1. Maintain the output document on “Guidelines for verification testing of visual media specifications”;
2. Maintain the output document on “Guidelines for remote expert viewing sessions”;
3. Consider extensions and refinements of the guidelines for remote expert viewing for more test types.
Chair(s)
Mathias Wien (RWTH Aachen University), Lu Yu (Zhejiang University), Joel Jung (Tencent)
Duration
until the next AG 5 meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-vqa@lists.rwth-aachen.de
Subscribe
https://lists.rwth-aachen.de/postorius/lists/mpeg-vqa.lists.rwth-aachen.de/
Meeting
Meetings are held online and are to be announced at least two weeks before the AHG meeting date.
Room Size

NameAhG on Essential Video Coding
GroupWG 4 - MPEG Video Coding
Mandates
1.	Coordinate ISO/IEC 23094-1 AMD 1 preparation and processing;
2.	Coordinate ISO/IEC 23094-4 AMD 1 preparation and processing;
3.	Coordinate management of the ETM software and its distribution;
4.	Discuss EVC related input documents to WG4 13th meeting.
Chair(s)
Roman Chernyak (Tencent)
Min Woo Park (Samsung)
Duration
Until next WG04 meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-5@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-5
Meeting
Sunday before next WG04 meeting
Room Size
10
Option for conference call before next WG04 Mtg (two week notice)

NameAhG on Syntactic Description Language
GroupGeneral/All
Mandates
- To review TuC and propose updates
- To solicit input on implementation guidelines and examples
Chair(s)
Youngkwon Lim
Duration
Until the 13th MPEG Systems WG meeting
Reflector(s)
gen-sys@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
http://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/gen-sys
Meeting
Room Size

NameAHG on Systems Technologies for Volumetric Media
GroupGeneral/All
Mandates
1. Study and solicit contributions to improve 23090-10, 23090-18 and their amendments
2. Discuss open issues in MPEG Git (http://mpegx.int-evry.fr/software/MPEG/Systems/PCC-SYS) and propose recommended dispositions
3. Study commonalities among 23090-2, 23090-10 and 23090-18 and propose common metadata definition to be moved to 23090-7 
4. Study reference software and conformance for 23090-10 and 23090-18 and solicit contribution to improve them. 
5. Study 23090-28 and 23090-29 related documents and solicit contributions regarding systems technologies for them.
Chair(s)
Youngkwon Lim, Lauri Ilola
Duration
until the 13th MPEG Systems WG meeting
Reflector(s)
gen-sys@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
http://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/gen-sys
Meeting
- one conference call (detail information will be announced to the gen-sys reflector)
Room Size

NameAhG on Video Decoding Interface
GroupGeneral/All
Mandates
1. To study TuC, and solicit contributions to improve it
2. To solicit open source implementation of OpenMAX, MSE or Vulkan to be used as a starting point of implementation of VDI extensions.
3. Communicate with Khronos on the API extensions and other relevant topics related to VDI
Chair(s)
Youngkwon Lim, Emmanuel Thomas, Thomas Stockhammer
Duration
Until the 13th MPEG Systems WG meeting
Reflector(s)
gen-sys@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/gen-sys
Meeting
Room Size

NameAhG on MPEG & 6G
GroupWG 2 - MPEG Technical Requirements
Mandates
1. Study of 6G use cases, requirements, specifications and new work items that could be relevant to MPEG work.

2. Identify potential new MPEG activities that can help the industry deploy applications, including media services, over 6G.

3. Provide initial requirements for the identified new MPEG activities.

4. Solicit contributions on a document including 3GPP XR use cases in order to
gather typical traffic characteristics of media types from WGs 4,5,6,7.

5. Follow-up and report on the FS_AI4Media, MeCAR and IBACS activities from the 3GPP SA4 WG.
Chair(s)
Igor D.D. Curcio (Nokia) igor.curcio@nokia.com
Emmanuel Thomas (Xiaomi) thomase@xiaomi.com
Duration
Until the next MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-and-5g@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-and-5g
Meeting
One conference call to be announced 2 weeks in advance (on need basis).
Room Size

NameAhG on MPEG Roadmap
GroupWG 2 - MPEG Technical Requirements
Mandates
1. Update the MPEG roadmap in different formats (Word, long PPT, short PPT,
video, web) according to the periodical schedule and the BoG report notes.
Chair(s)
Arianne Hinds (Tencent) ahinds@tencent.com
Igor D.D. Curcio (Nokia) igor.curcio@nokia.com
Sachin Deshpande (Sharp) sdeshpande@sharplabs.com
Duration
Until the next MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
mpegvision@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpegvision
Meeting
One conference call to be announced 2 weeks in advance (on need basis).
Room Size

NameAhG on Lenslet Video Coding (LVC)
GroupWG 4 - MPEG Video Coding
Mandates
1. Carry out exploration experiments on codec agnostic tools for LVC
2. Carry out exploration experiments on coding tools for LVC
3. Carry out exploration experiments on INVR-based coding tools for LVC
4. Update the draft requirement document for LVC
5. Prepare the draft CfP for LVC
Chair(s)
Mehrdad Teratani (Université Libre de Bruxelles), mehrdad.teratani@ulb.be 
Xin Jin (Tsinghua Shenzhen International Graduate School), jin.xin@sz.tsinghua.edu.cn
Duration
Until next MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-i-visual@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-i-visual
Meeting
Hannover: October 15 (Morning and if needed in the Afternoon)
Room Size
20
Online: After mid of September (TBD)

NameAhG on Implicit Neural Visual Representation (INVR)
GroupWG 4 - MPEG Video Coding
Mandates
1. Investigate state of the art in implicit neural 2D/3D video representation.
2. Carry out exploration experiments on implicit neural 2D video representation and compression.
3. Carry out exploration experiments on single-view and multi-view 3D video representation and compression.
4. Develop reference software for implicit neural 2D/3D video representation.
5. Gather 2D/3D video datasets available publicly to use as test material during the exploration phase.
Chair(s)
yiyi.liao@zju.edu.cn,Yiyi Liao
gbang@etri.re.kr,Gun Bang
Duration
until next WG 4 meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-video@lists.rwth-aachen.de
Subscribe
https://lists.rwth-aachen.de/postorius/lists/mpeg-video.lists.rwth-aachen.de/
Meeting
15 Oct
Room Size
30
10 Oct (online)

NameAhG on Low Complexity Enhancement Video Coding (LCEVC)
GroupWG 4 - MPEG Video Coding
Mandates
1. Coordinate management of the LTM software and its distribution
2. Coordinate preparation of the text of DAM for ISO/IEC 23094-3
3. Coordinate preparation of the text of FDAM for ISO/IEC 23094-2
4. Coordinate preparation of the DoC of DAM for ISO/IEC 23094-2
5. Coordinate collection of information relative to deployment and availability of MPEG-5 LCEVC and update relative document (if required)
6. Discuss any LCEVC related input documents to WG4 13th meeting
Chair(s)
wgh@dolby.com, Walt Husak (Dolby)
simone.ferrara@v-nova.com, Simone Ferrara (V-Nova)
Duration
Until next WG04 meeting
Reflector(s)
vcexp@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
Email to: vcexp-join@lists.aau.at
Meeting
Meeting on Sunday 4pm before WG4 13th meeting
Room Size
10
Additional meetings are held online and are to be announced at least two weeks before the AHG meeting date

NameAhG on Scene-based media interchange
GroupWG 7 - MPEG Coding of 3D Graphics and Haptics
Mandates
1. Complete specification of “independent mapping space”;
2. Identify mappings between entities from the Independent Mapping Space and Unity rendering data structures and interfaces;
3. Identify mappings between the  entities from the “independent mapping space” and x3D scene graph format;
4. Identify mappings between the abstract entities from the “independent mapping space” and glTF2.0 (start with m64462);
5. Define a normative data model to label scene graphs and assets with the entities of the Independent Mapping Space (cf. m64065).
6. Provide input to MPEG 144 on results toward identifying an independent mapping space, and mappings of this space to Unity, x3D and glTF2.0;
7. Provide input to MPEG 144 that will recommend next steps for the development of other specifications that can aid in the efficient delivery of the scene-based media to a render-based client over a network.
8. Develop a work plan that shares our progress and next steps with MPEG.
9. Refine the requirements identified for MPEG Phase 1 (WG2N00285) and for beyond Phase 1 (WG2N00269).
10. Continue to solicit industry engagement.
11. Collect test material and refine the test scenarios document; identify the list of individuals and entities that should be given attribution.
Chair(s)
arianne.hinds@comcast.net,Arianne T. Hinds
pete@missionrockdigital.com,Peter Ludé
esjang@hanyang.ac.kr,Euee Jang
Duration
Until the next MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-render@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-render
Meeting
Biweekly teleconference calls starting on Thursday 03 July 2023 from 14:00 to 15:30 UTC for 90 minutes
 or as agreed by AhG members.
Room Size
All meetings by Zoom to be announced on the reflector and in the MPEG calendar.

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85880552411?pwd=NzFFdzdGUlRVUmU4VzBmRXRXZ2dCZz09

Meeting ID: 858 8055 2411
Passcode: 256286

NameAHG on Application Formats
GroupWG 3 - MPEG Systems
Mandates
CMAF (Common Media Application Format)
1. Study the TuC and the preliminary WD, and solicit further input
2. Solicit further contributions on CMAF conformance and test vectors
3. Solicit feedback on the open issues on GitHub and GitLab 

MIAF (Multi-Image Application Format)
1. Study the DIS and solicit further input.
2. Solicit feedback on the open issues on GitHub and GitLab
Chair(s)
Krasimir Kolarov; Cyril Concolato
Duration
until 144th meeting
Reflector(s)
CMAF - mpeg-cmaf@lists.aau.at
MIAF, VIAF - mpeg-maf-dev@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
CMAF - https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-cmaf
MIAF, VIMAF - https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-maf-dev
Meeting
Room Size
AF Conference call, October 12, 2023, 15:00-17:00 UTC

NameAhG on on Video Coding for Machines
GroupWG 4 - MPEG Video Coding
Mandates
The AhG mandates are as follows:
1.	Prepare output documents.
2.	Release VCMRS v0.6 (VTM-12.0) software (Aug 18th).
3.	Release a VCMRS version with VTM-20.0 basis software.
3.	Conduct Core Experiments.
4.	Continue developing VCM technologies.
5.	Continue investigating evaluation methodologies and metrics.
6.	Continue collecting test and training materials.
7.	Continue refining cross-check procedure.
8.	Solicit input for VCMRS description documentation.
9.	Collaborate with the WG2 FCVCM AhG and WG5 AhGs 8 and 9.
Chair(s)
Shan Liu (shanl@global.tencent.com)
Chris Rosewarne (chris.rosewarne@canon.com.au)
Duration
Until next WG4 meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-wg4-vcm@lists.rwth-aachen.de
Subscribe
https://lists.rwth-aachen.de/postorius/lists/mpeg-wg4-vcm.lists.rwth-aachen.de/
Meeting
Sunday all day.
Room Size
70
TBA if needed (with two week forewarning).

NameAhG on MPEG DASH
GroupGeneral/All
Mandates
1. Study and improve Part 1 Draft text of DAM2 (WG03N 996) and CDAM3 (WG03N 998)
2. Study technologies under consideration (TuC; WG03N 928) and defect under investigation (DuI; WG03N 981)
3. Address the editor's note in DAM2 regarding Picture in Picture.
4. Investigate segment rate signaling, the operation model, and how it works with segment timeline addressing
5. Continue to work on conformance and reference software
Chair(s)
Iraj Sodagar, Christian Timmerer, Ali C. Begen
Duration
Until the next MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
dash@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/dash
Meeting
Room Size

NameAHG on MPEG-I Scene Description
GroupWG 3 - MPEG Systems
Mandates
1. Work with the audio group WG06 on progressing the integration of MPEG-I audio into the MPEG-I SD taking into account WG06 N0XXX and the SD TuC WG3 N0974.
2. Study the technologies in DAM2 of ISO/IEC 23090-14 in WG03_N0942 for potential improvements
3. Progress the technologies in the TuC in WG03_N0974.
4. Dispose issues in internal and public git environment
5. Collect/coordinate test assets that support the development of the MPEG-I Scene description work according to WG3 N0934, possible using deep learning models.
6. Validate and execute the workflow in WG03_N0975 to create pull requests to Khronos through MPEG gitlab and github
7. Work on conformance and reference software based on procedures (WG03_N0934), progress the PI-DIS (WG03_N0972) and PWD (WG3_N0973), and progress the issues in reference software (http://mpegx.int-evry.fr/software/MPEG/Systems/SceneDescription/software/reference/-/issues) and carriage (http://mpegx.int-evry.fr/software/MPEG/Systems/SceneDescription/software/23090-24-carriage/-/issues)
8. Extend the Gltf validator to address the MPEG_ extensions, and review the process for a possible submission of these to the https://github.com/KhronosGroup/glTF-Validator
9. Evaluate the requirements coverage in WG03_N0976 and work with MPEG-I Requirements AHG in order to identify requirements for phase 3 in context of Scene Description.
10. Collect information on ongoing scene description related work in the industry and in other groups and organizations and promote MPEG-I Scene Description, in particular to Khronos (WG03_N1002), Metaverse Standards Forum and 3GPP
Chair(s)
Thomas Stockhammer (tsto@qti.qualcomm.com)
Mary-Luc Champel (champelmaryluc@xiaomi.com)
Gaëlle Martin-Cocher (Gaelle.Martin-Cocher@InterDigital.com)
Duration
Until MPEG#144
Reflector(s)
mpeg-i-scene@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-i-scene
 
Please check gitlab discussions here:
http://mpegx.int-evry.fr/software/MPEG/SceneDescription/MPEG-Contributions/issues

Please check public github discussions here:
https://github.com/MPEGGroup/Scene-Description
Meeting
AHG Meetings
• Call: Monday August 6, 2023 13:30 – 15:00 UTC (15:30 – 17:00 CEST) 
  o From 14:15 UTC onwards WG06 joins for Audio.
  o Additional participation of WG06 will be discussed during this slot
• Call: Monday September 11, 2023, 2023 13:30 – 15:00 UTC (15:30 – 17:00 CEST)
• Call: Monday October 2, 2023, 2023 13:30 – 15:00 UTC (15:30 – 17:00 CEST)
• F2f: Sunday October 15, 2023, 2023 14:00 – 18:00 local (13:00 – 17:00 UTC)

Note:
• 3GPP SA4#125, August 21-25, 2023 (Göteborg, Sweden)
• IBC 2023, September 15-18, 2023 (Amsterdam, The Netherlands)
• Thomas vacation, August 29 to September 6, 2023
• MPEG#144, October 16-20, 2023 (Hannover, Germany)

Logistics
• Zoom: http://iso.zoom.us/my/stockhammer, Passwd as of MPEG#143
• Chairs create issues in gitlab to collect comments.
• If MPEG#144 repository is not yet available, use MPEG#143 repository.

Calendar
- Subscription link for MPEG AHG Calls:  http://mpeg.expert/live/nextcloud/remote.php/dav/public-calendars/HAwkATGsmc5bN3Qy?export
- Public link for MPEG AHG Calls http://mpeg.expert/live/nextcloud/index.php/apps/calendar/p/HAwkATGsmc5bN3Qy
Room Size
40

NameAhG on MPEG File Formats
GroupWG 3 - MPEG Systems
Mandates
1.	Discuss and address the Github and Gitlab issues.
2.	Support the groups using the file formats (including audio, DASH, CMAF, OMAF, MIAF, V3C systems, Haptics, NBMP et al.)
3.	Study the Technologies under Consideration and Working Draft documents and propose improvements. Study the defect reports and propose corrigendum text.
4.	Study the proposed clarifications on the definition of brands and the use of versions, particularly in the ISO base media file format, and suggest improvements.
5.	Maintain and update the conformance streams, reference software, white papers and one-pagers, and registration authority, as needed. Study whether conformance checking can be (maybe partially) automated, and how the specifications and conformance can be managed as a coordinated workflow. Study the license of the reference software and possible change of license or alternatives.
6.	Study processes to improve cross-verification of MPEG file format standards and continue the discussion on m60397
7.	Explore alignment of DASH/CMAF/FF terminology, concepts and solutions, in particular the multi-track question
8.	Explore potential low-overhead HEIF-compatible storage format
9.	Study the codec-agnostic, lossless compression of uncompressed video, images and possibly other formats
Chair(s)
Cyril Concolato (Netflix) and Miska Hannuksela (Nokia)
Duration
Until next meeting
Reflector(s)
mp4-sys@lists.aau.at
https://github.com/MPEGGroup/FileFormat
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mp4-sys
Meeting
Room Size
-	1 meeting online on HEIF Exploration (2 weeks notice, End of Sept – Doodle Poll)
-	1 meeting on conformance (early September)
-	1 meeting for multi-track in the context of the joint DASH/FF/CMAF (2 weeks notice, early October – Doodle Poll)

NameAhG on Omnidirectional MediA Format (OMAF)
GroupWG 3 - MPEG Systems
Mandates
1)	Study the CD of amendment 2 of immersive media metrics.
2)	Study the OMAF amendment WD on server-side dynamic adaptation.
3)	Study the TuC of OMAF and TuC of immersive media metrics.
4)	Study requirements of MPEG-I phase 2 especially in relation to OMAF.
5)	Maintain relationship with relevant SDOs, (e.g., VRIF, 3GPP SA4).
Chair(s)
Sachin Deshpande, Ye-Kui Wang, Youngkwon Lim
Duration
Until the next WG3 Meeting
Reflector(s)
gen-sys@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
http://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/gen-sys
Meeting
Online AHG meeting (as required) will be announced 2 weeks in advance.
Room Size

NameAhG on MPEG-I Immersive Audio and Audio Maintenance
GroupWG 6 - MPEG Audio Coding
Mandates
1.	Execute Workplan on MPEG-I Immersive Audio
2.	Conduct Core Experiments on MPEG-I Immersive Audio
3.	Work with WG3 Scene Description experts to study and progress the integration of MPEG-I Immersive Audio into MPEG-I Scene Description 
4.	Maintain Audio-related text, conformance data and reference software
5.	Study and promote Call for Interest on Audio Coding for Machines
Chair(s)
Schuyler Quackenbush (ARL) srq at audioresearchlabs . com (Mandate 1, 2, 3)
Christof Fersch (Dolby) christof.fersch at dolby.com (Mandate 4)
Thomas Sporer (FhG-IDMT) thomas.sporer at idmt.fraunhofer.de (Mandate 5)
Duration
Until 13th WG 6 Meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-audio-call@audioresearchlabs.com
Subscribe
•	To subscribe or unsubscribe to the list, send email to
the AhG Chair Schuyler Quackenbush
•	To post on the mailing list, send email to
 mpeg-audio-call@ audioresearchlabs.com 
Note that posting is blocked for non-members
Meeting
Room Size
Web AhG meetings as follows:

Joint with Scene Description to discuss common architecture: 
•	Zoom: http://iso.zoom.us/my/stockhammer, Passwd as of MPEG#143
•	Call: Monday Aug 7, 2023 13:30 – 15:00 UTC (1415-1500 for Audio issues)
•	Additional participation of WG06 will be discussed during this slot

Audio AhG meetings:
Thu Oct 12 and Fri Oct 13 2023, 1200-1600 UTC
https://iso.zoom.us/j/95386056642?pwd=eUMvRU5lSmlUTnowT3k3anRjMHRxUT09

NameAhG on Video-based Graphics Coding
GroupWG 7 - MPEG Coding of 3D Graphics and Haptics
Mandates
•	Conduct activities to improve V-PCC Reference SW
•	Conduct the V-PCC experiments for future enhancements
•	Propose corrections for identified issues in the V-PCC specifications
•	Coordinate scientific and technical dissemination of V-PCC
•	Coordinate communications of V-PCC to fairs, exhibitions, workshops, webinars
•	Solicit contributions to encapsulate V-PCC in scene graph 
•	Release the V-DMC test model V5.0 (SW and documentation) during the editing period and align the Ref SW with the WD (V5.1)
•	Conduct the V-DMC experiments
•	Coordinate editing of the V-DMC WD
•	Coordinate activities on Mesh use cases and requirements
•	Solicit additional data sets for all categories
Chair(s)
Ralf Schaefer (Chair), Khaled Mammou, Danillo Graziosi
Duration
Until the next MPEG WG 7 Meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-3dgc AT gti. ssr. upm. es
Subscribe
To subscribe, send email to https://mx.gti.ssr.upm.es/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-3dgc
Meeting
Several online sessions before the next MPEG meeting
Room Size

NameAhG on Geometry-based Point Cloud Compression
GroupWG 7 - MPEG Coding of 3D Graphics and Haptics
Mandates
1. Coordinate the editing for the G-PCC 2nd edition
2. Update the TMs (SW and documentation) during the editing period
3. Update G-PCC Conformance bitstream and G-PCC Reference SW 
4. Conduct the G-PCC experiments for future enhancements
5. Coordinate scientific and technical dissemination of G-PCC as well as communications of G-PCC to fairs, exhibitions, workshops, webinars
6. Solicit additional data sets for all categories
Chair(s)
Sébastien Lasserre, Ohji Nakagami, Toshiyasu Sugio
Duration
until the next MPEG WG7 meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-3dgc@gti.ssr.upm.es
Subscribe
to https://mx.gti.ssr.upm.es/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-3dgc
Meeting
Several online sessions during the week before the next MPEG meeting.
Room Size

NameAhG on AI based 3D graphics coding
GroupWG 7 - MPEG Coding of 3D Graphics and Haptics
Mandates
1. Collect requirements and use cases for AI based solutions for 3D graphics coding
2. Conduct AI exploration experiments for PCC
3. Analyze and collect relevant dataset for AI based PCC
4. Explore new AI solutions for PCC
5. Improve the CfP text (use cases, requirements, content, evaluation methods, anchor generation)
Chair(s)
Dong Tian, Alexandre Zaghetto, Vladyslav Zakharchenko
Duration
Until the next MPEG WG7 meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-3dgc@gti.ssr.upm.es
Subscribe
https://mx.gti.ssr.upm.es/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-3dgc
Meeting
Several online sessions to be planned
Room Size
AI-PCC Bi-weekly (Wednesdays) 8/9, 8/23, 9/6 (with Mathias), 9/20, 10/4 (Zoom), 10/15 at 10AM (in person)

NameAhG Haptics Coding
GroupWG 7 - MPEG Coding of 3D Graphics and Haptics
Mandates
1. Conduct development of part 33 on Conformance & Reference Software and associated software tools
2. Support MPEG-I SD Amd2 activities related to Haptics to finalize Amd2
3. Support File Format ISOBMFF part 32 extension for Haptics to progress to CD2
4. Support DASH extensions for Haptics 
5. Solicit contributions to improve current MPEG-I SD Haptic extensions to adress Phase 2 requirements
6. Solicit contributions for an evaluation platform supporting Phase 2 functionalities and associated evaluation methodology
7. Track bugs in the reference encoder and decoder code
Chair(s)
Philippe Guillotel, Quentin Galvane, Iraj Sodagar
Duration
Until the next MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-haptics@lists.aau.at – use [Haptics] in email header
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-haptics
Send an email to mpeg-haptics-join@lists.aau.at
Meeting
Calls Aug. 23 + Sept. 13 + Oct. 4 + Oct 11
at 1500 UTC.
Room Size
n/a
Dial-in details: https://iso.zoom.us/j/7945431076?pwd=b21hT3FWWlUxRVA5S0hZSFYzRGtSUT09

NameAhG on IoMT
GroupWG 7 - MPEG Coding of 3D Graphics and Haptics
Mandates
1. Start preparing reference software for the new technologies
2. Study and propose editorial improvements for current editions
3. Study the potential extension of MPEG-V Part 4 on Avatar
Chair(s)
Mihai Mitrea, Sang-Kyun Kim
Duration
Until the next MPEG WG7 Meeting
Reflector(s)
MIoTW@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
http://lists.uni-klu.ac.at/mailman/options/MIoTW
send an email to MIoTW-join@lists.aau.at
Meeting
Several online sessions before the next MPEG meeting.
Room Size
https://iso.zoom.us/j/92992119841?pwd=eksrd2Z4d09uS1VYYTB1MTZLc085UT09
in person meeting Sunday 2pm (before the MPEG week)

Ad hoc groups from other meetings:
MPEG 146, MPEG 145, MPEG 144, MPEG 143, MPEG 142, MPEG 141, MPEG 140, MPEG 139, MPEG 138, MPEG 137, MPEG 136, MPEG 135

Download the current ad hoc group rules for MPEG AGs and WGs here: