Ad hoc groups

Ad hoc groups of MPEG 139

NameAhG on MPEG Use Cases and Requirements
GroupWG 2 - MPEG Technical Requirements
Mandates
1. Support other Working Groups with the preparation of draft requirements and use case descriptions in a unified way.
2. Gather such requirements and use case descriptions for final refinement and approval by WG2.
3. Progress the development of MPEG-I Part 1 Technical Report to regularly align with the progress of MPEG-I suite standards. 
4. Progress guidelines on the drafting of WG2 requirements.
5. Progress MPEG-I Phase 2 requirements.
Chair(s)
Mary-Luc Champel, Xiaomi (champelmaryluc@xiaomi.com)
Igor D.D Curcio, Nokia (igor.curcio@nokia.com)
Duration
Until next meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-req@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-req
Meeting
1 online meeting TBC at least 2 weeks in advance
Room Size

NameAhG on Encoder and Packager Synchronization
GroupWG 3 - MPEG Systems
Mandates
1. Continue working on the WD and solicit technical and editorial feedback.
2. Review unaddressed requirements and solicit contributions on them namely:
   a. study packager synchronization and the related contribution(s) (e.g. m60387) in the ahg period 
   b. study the application of other delivery protocols for    encoder/packager synchronization 
   c. look at aspects of stateful versus stateless, scalability and resilience, and clarify problem statements.
   d. Develop guidelines for conversion of ingest or storage manifest to delivery manifest 
   e. Review the open gitlab issues
   f. Sollicit contributions on DRM interop (CPIX) and ad- insertion interop (ESNI ESAM and SCTE-35)
Chair(s)
Rufael Mekuria
Alex Giladi
Khaled Jerbi
Duration
Until the next meeting
Reflector(s)
synched-encoding@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/roster/synched-encoding
Meeting
1. August 31st 16 UTC hybrid meeting Denver/online
Denver location: 1899 Wynkoop St., 5th floor

2. October 12th 16 UTC online
Room Size
Zoom links: To be posted in the reflector

NameAhG on MPEG DASH
GroupWG 3 - MPEG Systems
Mandates
1. Study and improve Part 1 Potential improvements of DAM1 (WG3N0614) and AMD2 Working Draft (WG3N 0630)
2. Study technologies under consideration (TuC; WG3 N0620) and defect under investigation (DuI; WG3 N0610)
3. Continue to work on conformance and reference software
4. Study the fast tune-in use case and various proposals in TuC including whether the use of Content-disposition and multipart body together in HTTP GET response conforms to the HTTP standard and practices
5. Finalize the signaling and improve the corresponding text in the AMD2 Working draft for supporting picture-in-picture
6. Study Part 1 Annex I, its usability, its extensibility and provide a path for extending its support.
7. Investigate the audio decode during the period transition as indicated in TuC
8. Study and improve the signaling and client processing of events as in TuC and DuI and solicit feedback from the industry on the use of events.
Chair(s)
Iraj Sodagar, Christian Timmerer, Ali C. Begen
Duration
Until the next MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
dash@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/dash
Meeting
Room Size

NameAhG on Omnidirectional MediA Format (OMAF)
GroupWG 3 - MPEG Systems
Mandates
1) Study the draft FDAM of immersive media metrics and TuC of part 6.
2) Study the server-side dynamic adaptation and rendering requirements of MPEG-I phase 2 and TuC of OMAF.
3) Preparation of OMAF version 2 reference software and conformance
4) Maintain relationship with relevant SDOs, e.g., VRIF, 3GPP SA4
Chair(s)
Sachin Deshpande, Ye-Kui Wang, Youngkwon Lim
Duration
Until the next WG3 Meeting
Reflector(s)
gen-sys@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
http://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/gen-sys
Meeting
Online AHG meeting (as required) will be announced 2 weeks in advance
Room Size

NameAhG on Carriage of Green Metadata
GroupGeneral/All
Mandates
1. Study extensions of 23001-11 on decoding complexity metrics for decoder-power reduction for EVC
2. Prepare CD of AMD1 of 23001-11 3rd edition for EVC
3. Study potential improvements of 23001-11 3rd edition
Chair(s)
Edouard Francois (InterDigital), Christian Herglotz (FAU), Yong He (Qualcomm)
Duration
Until next MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
gen-sys@lists.aau.at – use [green] in email header
Subscribe
http://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/gen-sys
Meeting
Several online sessions before the next MPEG meeting if necessary
Room Size

NameAhG on Smart Contracts for Media
GroupWG 3 - MPEG Systems
Mandates
1. Study and solicit contributions for MPEG-21 CEL/MCO contracts to smart contracts conversion for DLTs beyond the supported ones in ISO/IEC 21000-23 Smart Contracts for Media

2. Solicit industry participation and contributions for a Decentralised Media Rights Ecosystem based on ISO/IEC 21000-23 Smart Contracts for Media

3. Study and solicit contributions on, e.g., technologies, architecture, and APIs towards a Decentralised Media Rights Ecosystem, including:
    o Smart contracts and DLTs
    o Rights and metadata management
    o Content and creator IDs
    o File formats and streaming protocols

4. Study and improve the Technologies under Consideration (TuC) document
Chair(s)
Panos Kudumakis and Xin Wang
Duration
Until the 140th MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
smart-contracts@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/smart-contracts
Meeting
Biweekly calls starting Wed 3 Aug. 2022, all at 13:00 UTC (2 h)
Room Size

NameAhG on Haptics Support in MPEG
GroupWG 7 - MPEG Coding of 3D graphics
Mandates
1.	Profile CRM2 to better understand the effects of adding CEs #2-#4 to CRM1.
2.	Evaluate suitability of new content for codec testing.
3.	Monitor progress of the next round of Core Experiments (CE #5-#8).
4.	Monitor the final codec verification MUSHRA tests by independent Test Labs.
5.	Identify codec-independent parameters for carriage of haptic streams in ISOBMFF.
6.	Monitor implementation of the two haptics-related glTF extensions, MPEG_haptics and MPEG_material_haptics.
7.	Continue to refine test platforms and test content proposals for Phase 2A and Phase 2B.
Chair(s)
Yeshwant Muthusamy (ymuthusamy@immersion.com), Philippe Guillotel (Philippe.Guillotel@InterDigital.com)
Duration
Until MPEG140
Reflector(s)
mpeg-haptics@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-haptics
Meeting
Weekly calls starting Wednesday Aug 3rd, 2022, at 1400 UTC. Dial-in details will be provided.
Room Size
N/A

NameAhG on Video Coding for Machines
GroupWG 2 - MPEG Technical Requirements
Mandates
Track 1 - Feature extraction and compression tasks
1.Clearly identify and validate the use cases for feature extraction and compression
2.Refine the requirements related to feature extraction and compression
3.Continue refinement of the single set of common agreed anchors in preparation for a possible CfP
4.Solicit responses to the CfE
5.React to any issues with the CfE
6.Review the responses to the CfE
Schedule:
-Final CfE: July 2022.

Track 2 - Video compression tasks
1.Review and evaluate responses to the CfP, prepare cross-check report, and prepare evaluation report
2.Solicit responses to the CfP
3.React to any issues with the CfP
4.Study multi-task evaluation
5.Continue collecting and evaluating test and training materials
6.Continue refining common test conditions and reporting template
Chair(s)
Track 1:
Chris Rosewarne (Canon) chris.rosewarne@canon.com.au
Yuan Zhang (China Telecom) zhangy666@chinatelecom.cn 
Track 2:
Christopher Hollmann (Ericsson) christopher.hollmann@ericsson.com
Shan Liu (Tencent) shanl@tencent.com
Duration
Until the 140th MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-vcm@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-vcm
Meeting
Conference calls will be arranged before the MPEG 140 (time to be announced)
AhG meetings: 
5 days (Mon-Fri) x 4 x 2 hour slots per day = 40 hours (“JVET-style” allocation) before MPEG-140
The first two days (Mon-Tue):
0500-0700, 0720-0920 UTC, 1300-1500, 1520-1720 UTC.
The last three days (Wed-Fri):
1300-1500, 1520-1720 UTC, 2200-2400, 2420-0220 UTC.
If ahead of schedule then the 0720-0920 UTC slot would be a good candidate for removal, especially considering US east coast participants.
Day 1: CfE documents, Day 2-5: CfP and then any unprocessed CfE documents.
Room Size
100

NameAHG on Font Format
GroupWG 3 - MPEG Systems
Mandates
1. Review the text of the updated Working Draft of ISO/IEC 14496-22 (5th edition).
2. Explore potential future changes and updates, and propose new items (if applicable) for consideration in the 5th edition of the OFF specification.
Chair(s)
Vladimir Levantovsky (Type Standards)
Duration
Until next meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-otspec@lists.aau.at; https://github.com/MPEGGroup/OpenFontFormat
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-otspec
Meeting
Zoom conference call may be held, if necessary (detailed information will be posted to the AHG reflector)
Room Size

NameAhG on Render-based architecture and technical report
GroupWG 2 - MPEG Technical Requirements
Mandates
1. Continue to draft the text of MPEG-I Part 27 technical report.
2. Ensure that the technical report is improved based on comments received during MPEG 139.
3. Modify the use case document to explicitly identify how each use case relates to work that is done in MPEG, i.e., in either new or existing specifications.
4. Continue to refine the requirements documents both for Phase 1 and beyond Phase 1 of render-based 3D technologies.
5. Continue to solicit industry engagement.
Chair(s)
Arianne T. Hinds (arianne.hinds@comcast.net), Peter Ludé (pete@missionrockdigital.com)
Duration
Until the next MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-render@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-render
Meeting
Biweekly teleconference calls starting on Thursday 28 July 2022 for 90 minutes
Room Size
UTC 13:00 to 14:30 or as agreed by AhG members.
All meetings by Zoom to be announced on the reflector and in the MPEG calendar. All meetings using the following Zoom coordinates.

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89791219229?pwd=U0FVd1V0VXF6UnNRZDFzWGo5Q2k2Zz09

Meeting ID: 897 9121 9229
Passcode: 469430

NameAHG on Systems Technologies for Volumetric Media
GroupGeneral/All
Mandates
1. Study and solicit contributions to improve 23090-10, 23090-18 and their amendments
2. Discuss open issues in MPEG Git (http://mpegx.int-evry.fr/software/MPEG/Systems/PCC-SYS) and propose recommended dispositions
3. Study commonalities among 23090-2, 23090-10 and 23090-18 and propose common metadata definition to be moved to 23090-7 
4. Study reference software and conformance for 23090-10 and 23090-18  and solicit contribution to improve them. 
5. Study 23090-27 and 23090-28 related documents and solicit contributions regarding systems technologies for them.
Chair(s)
Youngkwon Lim, Lauri Ilola
Duration
until the 9th MPEG Systems WG meeting
Reflector(s)
gen-sys@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
http://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/gen-sys
Meeting
- biweekly conference calls (detail information will be announced to the gen-sys reflector)
Room Size

NameAhG on Video Decoding Interface
GroupGeneral/All
Mandates
1. To study DIS and TuC, and solicit contributions to improve it
2. To solicit contributions to improve the proposed input formatting library on gitlab (https://gitlab.com/mpeg-i/video-decoding-interface/libbeam)
3. To solicit open source implementation of OpenMAX, MSE or Vulkan to be used as a starting point of implementation of VDI extensions.  
4. To solicit the contributions to improve SEI messages for input formatting function
Chair(s)
Youngkwon Lim, Emmanuel Thomas, Thomas Stockhammer
Duration
Until the 9th MPEG Systems WG meeting
Reflector(s)
gen-sys@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/gen-sys
Meeting
no meeting
Room Size

NameAHG on Application Formats
GroupGeneral/All
Mandates
CMAF (Common Media Application Format)
1. Study the TuC and the Proposed WD and solicit further input
2. Clarify the text regarding edit list
3. Study the potential issues regarding width and height fields
4. Solicit further contributions on CMAF conformance and test vectors
5. Solicit feedback on the open issues on GitHub and GitLab 

MIAF (Multi-Image Application Format)
1. Study the WD and solicit further input
2. Solicit feedback on the open issues on GitHub and GitLab
Chair(s)
Krasimir Kolarov; Cyril Concolato
Duration
until 140th meeting
Reflector(s)
CMAF - mpeg-cmaf@lists.aau.at
MIAF, VIAF - mpeg-maf-dev@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
CMAF - https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-cmaf
MIAF, VIMAF - https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-maf-dev
Meeting
Room Size
AF Conference call, October 20, 2022, 16:00-18:00 UTC

NameAHG on Compression of Neural Networks for Multimedia Content Description and Analysis
GroupWG 4 - MPEG Video Coding
Mandates
1. Maintain data sets and INCTM
2. Investigate application of NNC to further use cases (e.g., VCM and AI-based PCC)
3. Continue interaction with SC42, FG ML5G, NNEF, ONNX and the AI/ML community
Chair(s)
Werner Bailer (chair, werner.bailer@joanneum.at)
Sungmoon Chun (vice-chair, smchun@insignal.co.kr)
Duration
until next MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-nnr@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-nnr
Meeting
Room Size
Thu/Fri before next MPEG meeting

NameAhG on MPEG File Formats
GroupWG 3 - MPEG Systems
Mandates
1.	Discuss and address the Github and Gitlab issues.
2.	Support the groups using the file formats (including audio, DASH, CMAF, OMAF, MIAF, V3C systems, NBMP et al.)
3.	Study the Technologies under Consideration and Working Draft documents and propose improvements. Study the defect reports and propose corrigendum text.
4.	Study the proposed clarifications on the definition of brands, particularly in the ISO base media file format, and suggest improvements.
5.	Study improvements to movie fragments especially when recording e.g. at gateways, and dynamic tracks.
6.	Maintain and update the conformance streams, reference software, white papers and one-pagers, and registration authority, as needed. Study whether conformance checking can be (maybe partially) automated, and how the specifications and conformance can be managed as a coordinated workflow. 
7.	Check the specifications for unregistered MIME types and parameters and start registering them. Audit files as needed for the MP4RA.
8.	Consider the designs for renderable text in the HEIF format.
9.	Refine the design for the carriage of uncompressed video
10.	Explore options for frame rate signalling in ISO base media file format.
11.	Study options for camera extrinsic and intrinsic parameter signalling for image items (including 'ecam' and 'icam' of ISO/IEC 14496-15).
12.	Prepare draft DoCs of 23008-12 CDAM1 and 23001-17 CD
13.	Study processes to improve cross-verification of MPEG file format standards and continue the discussion on m60397
Chair(s)
Cyril Concolato (Netflix) and Miska Hannuksela (Nokia)
Duration
Until next meeting
Reflector(s)
mp4-sys@lists.aau.at
https://github.com/MPEGGroup/FileFormat
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mp4-sys
Meeting
Doodle poll for a meeting to prepare draft DoC of 23008-12 CDAM1
Doodle poll for a meeting to prepare draft DoC of 23001-17 CD (approx. 2..3 weeks before MPEG140)
Room Size

NameAhG on Market Needs
GroupWG 2 - MPEG Technical Requirements
Mandates
Metaverse-related activity
1) Identify existing MPEG technologies that can serve metaverse-related experiences.
2) Identify potential needs in the metaverse context for efficient media coding technology and related systems technologies. In particular
 - Enhancements to existing standards
 - New activities.
3) Prepare for dissemination the outcome of 1 & 2 to metaverse-related fora (e.g., Metaverse Standards Forum) and the public.
Chair(s)
Gilles Teniou, Tencent (teniou@tencent.com)
Justin Ridge, Nokia (justin.ridge@nokia.com)
Duration
Until the next MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-market@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-market
Meeting
31st August 2-3:30 UTC
Other calls may be scheduled consequently
Room Size

NameAhG on Implicit Neural Visual Representation (INVR)
GroupWG 4 - MPEG Video Coding
Mandates
1. Investigate state of the art in implicit neural 2D/3D video representation.
2. Explore the advantages and disadvantages of using implicit neural 2D/3D video representation for different use cases.
3. Gather 2D/3D video datasets available publicly to use as test material during the exploration phase.
Chair(s)
Gauthier Lafruit (Chair, gauthier.lafruit@ulb.be)
Yiyi Liao (Vice-chair, yiyi.liao@zju.edu.cn)
Gun Bang (Vice-chair, gbang@etri.re.kr)
Duration
Until next WG 4 meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-video@lists.rwth-aachen.de
Subscribe
https://lists.rwth-aachen.de/postorius/lists/mpeg-video.lists.rwth-aachen.de/
Meeting
Sept. 15, 01:00-03:00pm UTC
Oct. 18, 20, 01:00-03:00 pm UTC
Room Size
https://iso.zoom.us/j/93229176819?pwd=Qm9wK2JJUUZXRmJNV09sc2s4d05yZz09

NameAHG on MPEG-I Scene Description
GroupWG 3 - MPEG Systems
Mandates
1.	Complete the analysis of the capabilities of ISO/IEC 23090-14 (first edition) against the requirements for MPEG-I Scene description WG3 N0606
2.	Address the integration of G-PCC, MIV and other MPEG codecs and technologies into Scene Description jointly with 3DG/video/systems/audio based based on WG3 N0665
3.	Progress the working draft of Amd.2 for ISO/IEC 23090-14
4.	Conduct the evaluation experiments on as defined in WG3 N0613
5.	Collect/coordinate test assets that support the development of the MPEG-I Scene description work according to WG3 N0633, in particular the development of AR test assets.
6.	Work on conformance and reference software based on procedures (WG3 N0633) and progress the WD (WG3 N0617)  .
7.	Collect information on ongoing scene description related work in the industry and in other groups and organizations and promote the MPEG-I Scene Description.
8.	Communicate with Khronos on the MPEG extensions and other relevant topics related to Scene Description
9.	Complete White Paper on Scene Description for MPEG#140
Chair(s)
Thomas Stockhammer (tsto@qti.qualcomm.com)
Mary-Luc Champel (champelmaryluc@xiaomi.com)
Gaëlle Martin-Cocher (Gaelle.Martin-Cocher@InterDigital.com)
Duration
Until MPEG140
Reflector(s)
mpeg-i-scene@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-i-scene
 
Please check gitlab discussions here:
http://mpegx.int-evry.fr/software/MPEG/SceneDescription/MPEG-Contributions/issues
Meeting
AHG Meetings (with f2f for MPEG#140)
•	Call: Monday August 8, 2022 13:30 – 15:00 UTC (15:30 – 17:00 CEST)
•	Call: Monday August 29, 2022 13:30 – 15:00 UTC (15:30 – 17:00 CEST)
•	Call: Monday September 19, 2022 13:30 – 15:00 UTC (15:30 – 17:00 CEST)
•	Call: Monday October 10, 2022 13:30 – 15:00 UTC (15:30 – 17:00 CEST)
•	F2f: Sunday October 23, 2022 11:00 – 16:00 UTC (13:00 – 18:00 CEST)

AHG Meetings (without f2f for MPEG#140)
•	Call: Monday August 8, 2022 13:30 – 15:00 UTC (15:30 – 17:00 CEST)
•	Call: Monday August 29, 2022 13:30 – 15:00 UTC (15:30 – 17:00 CEST)
•	F2f: Monday September 13-14, 2022 10:00 – 17:00 CEST (Europe, tbc)
•	Call: Monday October 10, 2022 13:30 – 15:00 UTC (15:30 – 17:00 CEST)
•	Call: Friday October 21, 2022 13:30 – 15:00 UTC (15:30 – 17:00 CEST)

Note:
•	IBC 2022, September 9-12, 2022
•	3GPP SA4#120 August 17-26, 2022
•	3GPP SA4 Workshop Sep 26-28, 2022


Logistics
•	 Zoom: http://iso.zoom.us/my/stockhammer, Passwd as of MPEG#139
•	Chairs create issues in gitlab to collect comments.
•	If MPEG#140 repository is not yet available, use MPEG#139 repository.

Calendar
-	Subscription link for MPEG AHG Calls:  http://mpeg.expert/live/nextcloud/remote.php/dav/public-calendars/HAwkATGsmc5bN3Qy?export
-	Public link for MPEG AHG Calls http://mpeg.expert/live/nextcloud/index.php/apps/calendar/p/HAwkATGsmc5bN3Qy
Room Size
40

NameAhG on on Lenslet Video Coding (LVC)
GroupWG 4 - MPEG Video Coding
Mandates
1. Carry out exploration experiments on lenslet video coding
2. Collect evidence on codec agnostic tools for lenslet video coding
Chair(s)
Mehrdad Teratani (Université Libre de Bruxelles)
Xin Jin (Tsinghua Shenzhen International Graduate School)
Duration
Until next MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-i-visual@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-i-visual
Meeting
6 Oct 2022
19, 21 Oct 2022
Room Size
All meetings are 12:00 - 14:00 UTC unless specified otherwise

NameAhG on MPEG & 5G
GroupWG 2 - MPEG Technical Requirements
Mandates
1. Study of 5G use cases, requirements, specifications and new work items that could be relevant to MPEG work.

2. Identify potential new MPEG activities that can help the industry deploy applications, including media services, over 5G.

3. Provide initial requirements for the identified new MPEG activities.

4. Solicit contributions on a document including 3GPP XR use cases in order to
gather typical traffic characteristics of media types from WGs 4,5,6,7.

5. Study the presentations of the ITU workshop on AI and Multimedia (January 2022) and derive possible relations about the AI topics between MPEG and 3GPP.

6. Follow-up and report on the FS_AI4Media, MeCAR and IBACS activities from the 3GPP SA4 WG.
Chair(s)
Igor D.D. Curcio (Nokia) igor.curcio@nokia.com
Emmanuel Thomas (Xiaomi) thomase@xiaomi.com
Duration
Until the next MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-and-5g@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-and-5g
Meeting
One conference call to be announced 2 weeks in advance (on need basis).
Room Size

NameAhG on MPEG Roadmap
GroupWG 2 - MPEG Technical Requirements
Mandates
1. Update the MPEG roadmap in different formats (Word, long PPT, short PPT,
video, web) according to the periodical schedule and the BoG report notes.

2. Start preparing the questions for a survey on two categories: XR and AI.
Chair(s)
Arianne Hinds (Tencent) ahinds@tencent.com
Igor D.D. Curcio (Nokia) igor.curcio@nokia.com
Sachin Deshpande (Sharp) sdeshpande@sharplabs.com
Duration
Until the next MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
mpegvision@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpegvision
Meeting
One conference call to be announced 2 weeks in advance (on need basis).
Room Size

NameAhG on MPEG immersive video
GroupWG 4 - MPEG Video Coding
Mandates
1. Study the CD of MIV Conformance and reference software
2. Prepare preliminary WD3 of ISO/IEC 23090-12 MPEG immersive video Ed. 2
3. Update the test model for MPEG immersive video
4. Prepare verification tests for MPEG immersive video
5. Define common test conditions for MPEG immersive video
6. Carry out (joint) exploration experiments relating to MPEG immersive video
7. Promote MPEG immersive video outside of MPEG
8. Study new technologies for immersive video coding
Chair(s)
Bart Kroon (Philips) (chair)
Vinod Malamal Vadakital (Ofinno) (vice-chair)
Joel Jung (Tencent) (vice-chair)
Duration
Until the next MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
Announcements: mpeg-i-visual@lists.aau.at
Offline discussion: http://mpegx.int-evry.fr/software/MPEG/MIV/InputDocuments
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-i-visual
Meeting
MIV: August 30, September 13, 27, October 11, 18, 19, 20, 21
MIV + AG 5: October 14 to conduct a dry-run of verification tests
Room Size
Zoom
All meetings are 15:00 – 16:30 UTC unless specified otherwise
Meeting ID: 957 8481 1689
Password: MPEGIVisua

NameAhG on Essential Video Coding
GroupWG 4 - MPEG Video Coding
Mandates
1. Coordinate ISO/IEC 23094-1 AMD 1 preparation and processing;
2. Coordinate management of the ETM software and its distribution;
3. Discuss EVC related input documents to WG4 9th meeting.
Chair(s)
Roman Chernyak (chernyak@tencent.com)
Min Woo Park (m.w.park@samsung.com)
Duration
Until next WG04 meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-5@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-5
Meeting
Friday before next WG04 meeting
Room Size
online

NameAhG on Low Complexity Enhancement Video Coding
GroupWG 4 - MPEG Video Coding
Mandates
1. Coordinate management of the LTM software and its distribution
2. Coordinate collection of information relative to deployment and availability of MPEG-5 LCEVC and update relative document (if required)
3. Discuss any LCEVC related input documents to WG4 9th meeting
Chair(s)
Walt Husak (Chair), Simone Ferrara (Vice-Chair)
Duration
Until the next WG4 meeting
Reflector(s)
vcexp@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/vcexp
Meeting
Zoom call may be held ahead of meeting - will be announced with a two-weeks notice period via reflector
Room Size

NameAhG on Learning-based Quality Metrics
GroupAG 5 - MPEG Visual Quality Assessment
Mandates
1. Maintain the output document “Learning-based quality metrics and 2D video databases under study”; 
2. Compile and maintain the list of video databases suitable and available to be used in AG5’s study, including those from remote experts viewings; 
3. Evaluate the correlation between the learning-based quality metrics and subjective quality scores in the databases;
4. Study the suitability of learning-based quality metrics for evaluating compression performance.
Chair(s)
Yan Ye (Alibaba), Joel Jung (Tencent), Mathias Wien (RWTH Aachen University)
Duration
until the next AG5 meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-vqa@lists.rwth-aachen.de
Subscribe
https://lists.rwth-aachen.de/postorius/lists/mpeg-vqa.lists.rwth-aachen.de/
Meeting
Meetings are held online and are to be announced at least two weeks before the AHG meeting date.
Room Size

NameAHG on Genomic Information Representation
GroupWG 8 - MPEG Genomic Coding
Mandates
1.	To contribute to the execution of the Core Experiments identified in Description of Core Experiments on Graph Genomes and work towards detailing the support for clinical data interchange
2.	To contribute to the improvements of the Text FDIS 23092-6
3.	To contribute to the development of a 3rd edition of 23092-1, 23092-4 and 2nd edition 23092-5 to support Part 6 and the new technologies identified by the answer to the call for technology
4.	To contribute to the development of a 3rd edition of 23092-3 on the relationship of Part 3 metadata and protection to Part 6 annotations and related metadata through CE6 and update to the APIs to support Part 6
5.	To finalize the reference software
6.	To compile common test conditions for the evaluation of MPEG-G performance
7.	To collect additional test data useful to be used for assessing technologies related to the submissions to the CfP
8.	To disseminate the information and coordinate the activities carried out by ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 29/WG 8 to other ISO TCs, GA4GH and other organizations
9.	To contribute to the further development of the Performance Benchmarking study and related publications
10.	To discuss and coordinate WG8 contributions to relevant bioinformatics conferences and events.
11.	Investigate use cases and standard support from ISO TC34 SC16 and SC9 in collaboration with ISO TC 34 members
12.	Investigate the possible compatibility between TC 276 ISO 23494 [Biotechnology – Provenance information model for biological material and data] and 23092-3
Chair(s)
Raymond Krasinski (Philips)
Paolo Ribeca (Bioss)
Duration
Until next meeting
Reflector(s)
SC29-WG8-AHG@listes.epfl.ch
Subscribe
To subscribe, send email to SC29-WG8-AHG-subscribe@listes.epfl.ch
Meeting
yes
Room Size
20
As needed, virtual meetings for the coordination of the development of the reference SW and performance benchmark will be scheduled on zoom and a F2F meeting will be scheduled on Sunday afternoon prior to the WG8 meeting from 3 PM CET to 8 PM CET

NameAhG on Guidelines for Subjective Visual Quality Evaluation
GroupAG 5 - MPEG Visual Quality Assessment
Mandates
1. Maintain the output document on “Guidelines for verification testing of visual media specifications”;
2. Maintain the output document on “Guidelines for remote experts viewing sessions”;
3. Consider extensions and refinements of the guidelines for remote experts viewing for more test types.
Chair(s)
Mathias Wien (RWTH Aachen University), Lu Yu (Zhejiang University), Joel Jung (Tencent)
Duration
until the next AG5 meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-vqa@lists.rwth-aachen.de
Subscribe
https://lists.rwth-aachen.de/postorius/lists/mpeg-vqa.lists.rwth-aachen.de/
Meeting
Meetings are held online and are to be announced at least two weeks before the AHG meeting date.
Room Size

NameAhG on Render-based 3D technologies
GroupWG 7 - MPEG Coding of 3D graphics
Mandates
1. Establish the entities of the “independent mapping space” between ITMF and other scene representations, e.g., Unity and Unreal Engine;
2. Identify ITMF nodes and attributes corresponding to the abstract entities from the “independent mapping space”;
3. Identify Unreal and Unity Engines data structure corresponding to the abstract entities from the “independent mapping space”;
4. Identify MPEG codecs corresponding to the abstract entities from the “independent mapping space”;
5. Study (encoding) options for handling ITMF nodes and attributes that are not good candidates for mapping into an independent mapping space.
6. Provide input to MPEG 140 on results conducted toward identifying an independent mapping space.
7. Provide input to MPEG 140 that will recommend next steps for the development of other specifications that can aid in the efficient delivery of the ITMF with MPEG extensions to a render-based client over a network.
8. Refine the requirements identified for MPEG Phase 1 (WG2N00226) and for beyond Phase 1 (WG2N00227).
9. Continue to solicit industry engagement.
10. Collect test material and refine the test scenarios document
Chair(s)
Arianne T. Hinds (Arianne.hinds@comcast.net), Peter Ludé (pete@missionrockdigital.com)
Duration
Until the next MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-render@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-render
Meeting
Biweekly teleconference calls starting on Thursday 28 July 2022 for 90 minutes
UTC 13:00 to 14:30 or as agreed by AhG members.
Room Size
All meetings by Zoom to be announced on the reflector and in the MPEG calendar.

All meetings using Zoom information: Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89791219229?pwd=U0FVd1V0VXF6UnNRZDFzWGo5Q2k2Zz09

Meeting ID: 897 9121 9229
Passcode: 469430

NameAHG on MPEG-I Immersive Audio and Audio Maintenance
GroupWG 6 - MPEG Audio Coding
Mandates
1.	Execute Workplan on MPEG-I Immersive Audio
2.	Conduct Core Experiments on MPEG-I Immersive Audio
3.	Maintain Audio-related text, conformance data and reference software, and execute Workpans for Audio reference software and Audio conformance.
Chair(s)
Schuyler Quackenbush (ARL) srq at audioresearchlabs . com
Duration
Until 9th WG 6 Meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-audio-call@audioresearchlabs.com
Subscribe
•	To subscribe or unsubscribe to the list, send email to
the AhG Chair
•	To post on the mailing list, send email to
 mpeg-audio-call@ audioresearchlabs.com 
Note that posting is blocked for non-members
Meeting
TBD
Room Size

Ad hoc groups from other meetings:
MPEG 139, MPEG 138, MPEG 137, MPEG 136, MPEG 135

Download the current ad hoc group rules for MPEG AGs and WGs here: