Ad hoc groups

Ad hoc groups of MPEG 140

NameAHG on Font Format
GroupGeneral/All
Mandates
1. Review the text of the updated Working Draft of ISO/IEC 14496-22 (5th edition).
2. Explore potential future changes and updates, and propose new items (if applicable) for consideration in the 5th edition of the OFF specification.
Chair(s)
Vladimir Levantovsky (Type Standards)
Duration
Until next meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-otspec@lists.aau.at; https://github.com/MPEGGroup/OpenFontFormat
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-otspec
Meeting
Zoom conference call may be held, if necessary (detailed information will be posted to the AHG reflector)
Room Size

NameAhG on Carriage of Green Metadata
GroupGeneral/All
Mandates
1. Study extensions of 23001-11 on decoding complexity metrics for decoder-power reduction for EVC
2. Prepare CD of AMD1 of 23001-11 3rd edition for EVC
3. Study potential improvements of 23001-11 3rd edition
Chair(s)
Edouard Francois (InterDigital), Christian Herglotz (FAU), Yong He (Qualcomm)
Duration
Until next MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
gen-sys@lists.aau.at – use [green] in email header
Subscribe
http://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/gen-sys
Meeting
Several online sessions before the next MPEG meeting if necessary
Room Size

NameAHG on Compression of Neural Networks for Multimedia Content Description and Analysis
GroupWG 4 - MPEG Video Coding
Mandates
1. Maintain data sets and INCTM
2. Study performance of NNC on low-precision inputs
3. Investigate application of NNC to further use cases (e.g., VCM, AI-based PCC, implicit neural scene representations)
4. Continue interaction with SC42, 3GPP SA4, NNEF, ONNX and the AI/ML community
Chair(s)
Werner Bailer (chair, werner.bailer@joanneum.at)
Sungmoon Chun (vice-chair, smchun@insignal.co.kr)
Duration
until next MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-nnr@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-nnr
Meeting
Room Size
Thu/Fri before next MPEG meeting

NameAhG on Smart Contracts for Media
GroupWG 3 - MPEG Systems
Mandates
1. Solicit industry participation and contributions for ISO/IEC 23000-23 Decentralised Media Rights Application Format based on ISO/IEC 21000-23 Smart Contracts for Media

2. Study and solicit contributions (e.g., technologies and APIs) for ISO/IEC 23000-23 Decentralised Media Rights Application Format in the following areas:
    o Smart contracts and DLTs
    o Rights and metadata management
    o Content and creator IDs
    o File formats and streaming protocols

3. Study and improve the Technologies under Consideration (TuC) ISO/IEC 23000-23 Decentralised Media Rights Application Format document towards a Working Draft (WD)
Chair(s)
Panos Kudumakis and Mirko Zichichi
Duration
Until the 141st MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
smart-contracts@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/smart-contracts
Meeting
Biweekly calls starting Wed 9 Nov. 2022, all at 14:00 UTC (2 h)
Room Size

NameAhG on Genomic Information Representation
GroupWG 8 - MPEG Genomic Coding
Mandates
1.	To contribute to the execution of the Core Experiments identified in Description of Core Experiments on Graph Genomes and work towards detailing the support for clinical data interchange
2.	To contribute to the improvements of the Text FDIS 23092-6
3.	To contribute to the development of a 3rd edition of 23092-1, 23092-4 and 2nd edition 23092-5 to support Part 6 and the new technologies identified by the answer to the call for technology
4.	To contribute to the development of a 3rd edition of 23092-3 on the relationship of Part 3 metadata and protection to Part 6 annotations and related metadata through CE6 and update to the APIs to support Part 6
5.	To finalize the reference software
6.	To compile common test conditions for the evaluation of MPEG-G performance
7.	To collect additional test data useful to be used for assessing technologies related to the submissions to the CfP
8.	To disseminate the information and coordinate the activities carried out by ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 29/WG 8 to other ISO TCs, GA4GH and other organizations
9.	To contribute to the further development of the Performance Benchmarking study and related publications
10.	Investigate use cases and standard support from ISO TC34 SC16 and SC9 in collaboration with ISO TC 34 members
11.	Investigate the possible compatibility between TC 276 ISO 23494 [Biotechnology – Provenance information model for biological material and data] and 23092-3
12.	Prepare a study of distributed management of private and protection of genomics data that is adaptable to the patient’s requirements and applicable regulations
Chair(s)
Raymond Krasinski (Philips)
Paolo Ribeca (Bioss)
Duration
Until the next WG8 meeting
Reflector(s)
SC29-WG8-AHG@listes.epfl.ch
Subscribe
To subscribe, send email to SC29-WG8-AHG-subscribe@listes.epfl.ch
Meeting
Yes
Room Size
15
A virtual meeting to discuss the Performance Assessment paper will take place on Nov 10 at 17:00 CET. A virtual meeting to discuss Part 1 development will take place on Nov 22 at 3PM CET. As needed, other virtual meetings for the coordination of the development of the reference SW and performance benchmark may be scheduled on zoom with the appropriate advanced notice. An Ad Hoc preceding the next MPEG meeting will take place on Thursday, Jan 12 at 1PM CET to 6 PM CET and Friday, Jan 13. at 1PM CET to 6 PM CET.

NameAhG on Render-based architecture and technical report
GroupWG 2 - MPEG Technical Requirements
Mandates
1. Continue to draft the text of MPEG-I Part 27 technical report.
2. Ensure that the technical report is improved based on comments received during MPEG 140.
3. Modify the use case document to explicitly identify how each use case relates to work that is done in MPEG, i.e., in either new or existing specifications.
4. Continue to refine the requirements documents both for Phase 1 and beyond Phase 1 of render-based 3D technologies.
5. Continue to solicit industry engagement.
Chair(s)
Arianne T. Hinds (arianne.hinds@comcast.net), Peter Ludé (pete@missionrockdigital.com)
Duration
Until the next MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-render@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-render
Meeting
Biweekly teleconference calls starting on Thursday 03 November 2022 for 90 minutes
Room Size
UTC 15:00 to 16:30 or as agreed by AhG members.
All meetings by Zoom to be announced on the reflector and in the MPEG calendar. All meetings using the following Zoom coordinates.

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85916592001?pwd=T1Yzdnp5QWhnaDJxa0lxSDRkamVyZz09

Meeting ID: 859 1659 2001
Passcode: 777452

NameAhG on Haptics Support in MPEG
GroupWG 7 - MPEG Coding of 3D Graphics and Haptics
Mandates
1.	Update the reference encoder and decoder SW to be compliant with the CD. 
2.	Address any incoming bugs in the reference SW.
3.	Monitor implementation of the two haptics-related glTF extensions, MPEG_haptics and MPEG_material_haptics.
4.	Continue to refine test platforms and test content proposals for Phase 2A and Phase 2B.
5.	Improve the WD on the carriage of haptics in ISOBMFF.
6.	Collect proposals to address Phase 2A requirements.
Chair(s)
Yeshwant Muthusamy (ymuthusamy@immersion.com), Philippe Guillotel (Philippe.Guillotel@InterDigital.com)
Duration
Until MPEG141
Reflector(s)
mpeg-haptics@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-haptics
Meeting
Bi-weekly calls starting Wednesday November 16, 2022, at 1400 UTC. Dial-in details will be provided.
Room Size
N/A

NameAhG on Video Decoding Interface
GroupWG 3 - MPEG Systems
Mandates
1. To study TuC, and solicit contributions to improve it
2. To solicit contributions to improve the proposed input formatting library on gitlab (https://gitlab.com/mpeg-i/video-decoding-interface/libbeam)
3. To solicit open source implementation of OpenMAX, MSE or Vulkan to be used as a starting point of implementation of VDI extensions.
4. Communicate with Khronos on the API extensions and other relevant topics related to VDI
Chair(s)
Youngkwon Lim, Emmanuel Thomas, Thomas Stockhammer
Duration
Until the 10th MPEG Systems WG meeting
Reflector(s)
gen-sys@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/gen-sys
Meeting
no meeting
Room Size

NameAHG on Systems Technologies for Volumetric Media
GroupAG 3 - MPEG Liaison and Communication
Mandates
1. Study and solicit contributions to improve 23090-10, 23090-18 and their amendments
2. Discuss open issues in MPEG Git (http://mpegx.int-evry.fr/software/MPEG/Systems/PCC-SYS) and propose recommended dispositions
3. Study commonalities among 23090-2, 23090-10 and 23090-18 and propose common metadata definition to be moved to 23090-7 
4. Study reference software and conformance for 23090-10 and 23090-18 and solicit contribution to improve them. 
5. Study 23090-27 and 23090-28 related documents and solicit contributions regarding systems technologies for them.
Chair(s)
Youngkwon Lim, Lauri Ilola
Duration
until the 10th MPEG Systems WG meeting
Reflector(s)
gen-sys@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
http://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/gen-sys
Meeting
- biweekly conference calls (detail information will be announced to the gen-sys reflector)
Room Size

NameAhG on Omnidirectional MediA Format (OMAF)
GroupWG 3 - MPEG Systems
Mandates
1) Study the TuC of immersive media metrics.
2) Study the server-side dynamic adaptation and rendering requirements of MPEG-I phase 2 and TuC of OMAF.
3) Preparation of OMAF version 2 reference software and conformance
4) Maintain relationship with relevant SDOs, e.g., VRIF, 3GPP SA4
Chair(s)
Sachin Deshpande, Ye-Kui Wang, Youngkwon Lim
Duration
Until the next WG3 Meeting
Reflector(s)
gen-sys@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
http://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/gen-sys
Meeting
Online AHG meeting (as required) will be announced 2 weeks in advance.
Room Size

NameAhG on MPEG & 5G
GroupWG 2 - MPEG Technical Requirements
Mandates
1. Study of 5G use cases, requirements, specifications and new work items that could be relevant to MPEG work.

2. Identify potential new MPEG activities that can help the industry deploy applications, including media services, over 5G.

3. Provide initial requirements for the identified new MPEG activities.

4. Solicit contributions on a document including 3GPP XR use cases in order to
gather typical traffic characteristics of media types from WGs 4,5,6,7.

5. Follow-up and report on the FS_AI4Media, MeCAR and IBACS activities from the 3GPP SA4 WG.
Chair(s)
Igor D.D. Curcio (Nokia) igor.curcio@nokia.com
Emmanuel Thomas (Xiaomi) thomase@xiaomi.com
Duration
Until the next MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-and-5g@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-and-5g
Meeting
One conference call to be announced 2 weeks in advance (on need basis).
Room Size

NameAhG on MPEG Roadmap
GroupWG 2 - MPEG Technical Requirements
Mandates
1. Update the MPEG roadmap in different formats (Word, long PPT, short PPT,
video, web) according to the periodical schedule and the BoG report notes.

2. Start preparing the questions for a survey on two categories: XR and AI.

3. Add one slide to the short and long PPT versions of the roadmap containing a list of explorations in graphical form.
Chair(s)
Arianne Hinds (Tencent) ahinds@tencent.com
Igor D.D. Curcio (Nokia) igor.curcio@nokia.com
Sachin Deshpande (Sharp) sdeshpande@sharplabs.com
Duration
Until the next MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
mpegvision@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpegvision
Meeting
One conference call to be announced 2 weeks in advance (on need basis).
Room Size

NameAhG on Market Needs
GroupWG 2 - MPEG Technical Requirements
Mandates
Metaverse-related activity
1) Identify existing MPEG technologies that can serve metaverse-related experiences.
2) Identify potential needs in the metaverse context for efficient media coding technology and related systems technologies. In particular
 - Enhancements to existing standards
 - New activities.
3) Prepare for dissemination the outcome of 1 & 2 to metaverse-related fora (e.g., Metaverse Standards Forum) and the public.
Chair(s)
Gilles Teniou, Tencent (teniou@tencent.com)
Justin Ridge, Nokia (justin.ridge@nokia.com)
Duration
Until the next MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-market@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-market
Meeting
2nd Dec. 2022 3:4 PM UTC
Other calls may be scheduled consequently
Room Size

NameAHG on Application Formats
GroupWG 3 - MPEG Systems
Mandates
CMAF (Common Media Application Format)
1. Study the TuC and the Proposed WD and solicit further input
2. Study the DIS of Amd 1 of Ed. 3 and solicit final comments
3. Clarify the text regarding edit list
4. Study the potential issues regarding width and height fields
5. Solicit further contributions on CMAF conformance and test vectors
6. Solicit feedback on the open issues on GitHub and GitLab 

MIAF (Multi-Image Application Format)
1. Study the WD and solicit further input
2. Solicit feedback on the open issues on GitHub and GitLab
Chair(s)
Krasimir Kolarov; Cyril Concolato
Duration
until 141st meeting
Reflector(s)
CMAF - mpeg-cmaf@lists.aau.at
MIAF, VIAF - mpeg-maf-dev@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
CMAF - https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-cmaf
MIAF, VIMAF - https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-maf-dev
Meeting
Room Size
AF Conference call, January 12, 2023, 16:00-18:00 UTC

NameAhG on Internet of Media Things
GroupWG 7 - MPEG Coding of 3D Graphics and Haptics
Mandates
1. Solicit contributions on IoMT technologies and use cases for additional characteristics to be used by external services/systems
2. Prepare additional examples for the usage of the technologies in Part 5 for serving the IoMT use-cases
3. Solicit contributions on IoMT technologies for the usage of AI in conjunction with IoMT
4. Solicit contribution for improving WD for Parts 1, 2, 3 3rd Ed and Part 6
Chair(s)
Mihai Mitrea, Sang-Kyun Kim
Duration
Until the next MPEG WG7 Meeting
Reflector(s)
MIoTW@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
http://lists.uni-klu.ac.at/mailman/options/MIoTW
Meeting
Several online sessions before the next MPEG meeting.
Room Size
https://iso.zoom.us/j/92992119841?pwd=eksrd2Z4d09uS1VYYTB1MTZLc085UT09

NameAhG on Geometry-based PCC
GroupWG 7 - MPEG Coding of 3D Graphics and Haptics
Mandates
1. Coordinate the editing for the G-PCC 2nd edition
2. Update the TMs (SW and documentation) during the editing period
3. Update G-PCC Conformance bitstream and G-PCC Reference SW 
4. Conduct the G-PCC experiments for future enhancements
5. Coordinate scientific and technical dissemination of G-PCC
6. Coordinate communications of G-PCC to fairs, exhibitions, workshops, webinars
7. Solicit additional data sets for all categories
8. Coordinate editing of the G-PCC White Paper
Chair(s)
Ohji Nakagami (ohji.nakagami@sony.com), Toshiyasu Sugio, Sébastien Lasserre
Duration
until the next MPEG WG7 meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-3dgc@gti.ssr.upm.es
Subscribe
To subscribe, send email to https://mx.gti.ssr.upm.es/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-3dgc
Meeting
Several online sessions during the week before the next MPEG meeting.
Room Size

NameAhG on Implicit Neural Visual Representation (INVR)
GroupWG 4 - MPEG Video Coding
Mandates
1. Investigate state of the art in implicit neural 2D/3D video representation.
2. Carry out exploration experiments on implicit neural 2D/3D video representation.
3. Gather 2D/3D video datasets available publicly to use as test material during the exploration phase.
Chair(s)
Gauthier Lafruit (Co-Chair, gauthier.lafruit@ulb.be)
Yiyi Liao (Co-chair, yiyi.liao@zju.edu.cn)
Gun Bang (Co-chair, gbang@etri.re.kr)
Duration
Until next WG 4 meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-video@lists.rwth-aachen.de
Subscribe
https://lists.rwth-aachen.de/postorius/lists/mpeg-video.lists.rwth-aachen.de/
Meeting
Jan. 5, 01:00-03:00pm UTC
Jan. 12, 01:00-03:00 pm UTC
Room Size

NameAhG on MPEG Use Cases and Requirements
GroupWG 2 - MPEG Technical Requirements
Mandates
1. Support other Working Groups with the preparation of draft requirements and use case descriptions in a unified way.
2. Gather such requirements and use case descriptions for final refinement and approval by WG2.
3. Progress the development of MPEG-I Part 1 Technical Report to regularly align with the progress of MPEG-I suite standards. 
4. Progress guidelines on the drafting of WG2 requirements.
5. Progress MPEG-I Phase 2 requirements.
Chair(s)
Mary-Luc Champel, Xiaomi (champelmaryluc@xiaomi.com)
Igor D.D Curcio, Nokia (igor.curcio@nokia.com)
Duration
Until next meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-req@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-req
Meeting
1 online meeting TBC at least 2 weeks in advance
Room Size

NameAhG on AHG on Lenslet Video Coding (LVC)
GroupWG 4 - MPEG Video Coding
Mandates
1. Carry out exploration experiments on lenslet video coding
2. Collect evidence on codec agnostic and coding tools for lenslet video coding
3. Draft the requirement and use case document for lenslet video coding
Chair(s)
Mehrdad Teratani (Université Libre de Bruxelles)
Xin Jin (Tsinghua Shenzhen International Graduate School)
Duration
Until next MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-i-visual@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-i-visual
Meeting
30 Nov 2022
12, 13 Jan 2023
Room Size
All meetings are 11:00 - 13:00 UTC unless specified otherwise

NameAhG on Learning-based Quality Metrics
GroupGeneral/All
Mandates
1. Maintain and update the output document “Learning-based quality metrics and 2D video databases under study”; 
2. Compile and maintain the list of video databases suitable and available to be used in AG 5’s study, including those from remote experts viewings; 
3. Evaluate the correlation between the learning-based quality metrics and subjective quality scores in the databases;
4. Study the suitability of learning-based quality metrics for evaluating compression performance.
Chair(s)
Yan Ye (Alibaba), Joel Jung (Tencent), Mathias Wien (RWTH Aachen University)
Duration
until the next AG 5 meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-vqa@lists.rwth-aachen.de
Subscribe
https://lists.rwth-aachen.de/postorius/lists/mpeg-vqa.lists.rwth-aachen.de/
Meeting
Meetings are held online and are to be announced at least two weeks before the AHG meeting date.
Room Size

NameAhG on Guidelines for Subjective Visual Quality Evaluation
GroupGeneral/All
Mandates
1. Maintain the output document on “Guidelines for verification testing of visual media specifications”;
2. Maintain the output document on “Guidelines for remote experts viewing sessions”;
3. Consider extensions and refinements of the guidelines for remote experts viewing for more test types.
Chair(s)
Mathias Wien (RWTH Aachen University), Lu Yu (Zhejiang University), Joel Jung (Tencent)
Duration
until the next AG 5 meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-vqa@lists.rwth-aachen.de
Subscribe
https://lists.rwth-aachen.de/postorius/lists/mpeg-vqa.lists.rwth-aachen.de/
Meeting
Meetings are held online and are to be announced at least two weeks before the AHG meeting date.
Room Size

NameAhG on Low Complexity Enhancement Video Coding
GroupWG 4 - MPEG Video Coding
Mandates
1. Prepare text of amendment 1 of ISO/IEC 23094-2 
2. Coordinate management of the LTM software and its distribution
3. Coordinate collection of information relative to deployment and availability of MPEG-5 LCEVC and update relative document (if required)
4. Discuss any LCEVC related input documents to WG4 10th meeting
Chair(s)
Walt Husak (Chair), Simone Ferrara (Vice-Chair)
Duration
Until the next WG4 meeting
Reflector(s)
vcexp@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/vcexp
Meeting
Meetings are held online and are to be announced at least two weeks before the AHG meeting date.
Room Size

NameAhG on MPEG immersive video
GroupWG 4 - MPEG Video Coding
Mandates
1. Prepare preliminary WD4 of ISO/IEC 23090-12 MPEG immersive video Ed. 2
2. Update the test model for MPEG immersive video
3. Prepare verification tests for MPEG immersive video
4. Define common test conditions for MPEG immersive video
5. Carry out exploration experiments relating to MPEG immersive video
6. Promote MPEG immersive video outside of MPEG
7. Study new technologies for immersive video coding
Chair(s)
Bart Kroon (Philips) (chair)
Vinod Malamal Vadakital (Ofinno) (vice-chair)
Joel Jung (Tencent) (vice-chair)
Duration
Until the next MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
Announcements: mpeg-i-visual@lists.aau.at
Offline discussion: http://mpegx.int-evry.fr/software/MPEG/MIV/InputDocuments
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-i-visual
Meeting
MIV + AG5: November 8, 29
MIV: December 13, January 10, 11, 12
Room Size
Zoom
All meetings are 15:00 – 16:30 UTC unless specified otherwise
Meeting ID: 957 8481 1689
Password: MPEGIVisua

NameAhG on Essential Video Coding
GroupGeneral/All
Mandates
1. Coordinate ISO/IEC 23094-1 AMD 1 preparation and processing;
2. Coordinate management of the ETM software and its distribution;
3. Discuss EVC related input documents to WG4 10th meeting.
Chair(s)
Roman Chernyak (chernyak@tencent.com)
Min Woo Park (m.w.park@samsung.com)
Duration
Until next WG04 meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-5@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-5
Meeting
Friday before next WG04 meeting
Room Size
online

NameAhG on MPEG DASH
GroupGeneral/All
Mandates
1. Study and improve Part 1 Draft text of FDAM 1 (WG3N0734) and AMD2 Working Draft (WG3N 0701)
2. Study technologies under consideration (TuC; WG3 N0694) and defect under investigation (DuI; WG3 N0684)
3. Continue to work on conformance and reference software
4. Finalize the signaling and improve the corresponding text in the AMD2 Working draft for supporting picture-in-picture
5. Study Part 1 Annex I, its usability, its extensibility and provide a path for extending its support.
6. Investigate the audio decode during the period transition as indicated in TuC.
Chair(s)
Iraj Sodagar, Christian Timmerer, Ali C. Begen
Duration
Until the next MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
dash@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/dash
Meeting
Room Size

NameAhG on Encoder and Packager Synchronization
GroupGeneral/All
Mandates
1. Continue working on the WD and solicit technical and editorial feedback, and produce the draft text of the Committee Draft.
2. Look at aspects of stateful versus stateless, joining and rejoining, scalability and resilience, and clarify problem statements.
3. Review the open gitlab issues
4. Improve the text for DRM interop (CPIX)
Chair(s)
Rufael Mekuria
Yasser Syed
Khaled Jerbi
Duration
Until the next meeting
Reflector(s)
synched-encoding@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/roster/synched-encoding
Meeting
Two calls, one in late Nov and one early January. To be announced at least two weeks before the calls on the reflector.
Room Size
Zoom links: To be posted in the reflector

NameAhG on Feature Compression for Video Coding for Machines
GroupWG 2 - MPEG Technical Requirements
Mandates
1.	Continue refining the Draft CfP and template
2.	Create additional anchors using new video datasets for the CfP
3.	Study approaches for evaluating CfP responses, i.e., VCM decoder runtime and output verification.
4.	Continue soliciting suitably licensed datasets (including for training)
Estimated time for CfP: April 2023
Chair(s)
Chris Rosewarne (Canon) chris.rosewarne@canon.com.au
Yuan Zhang (China Telecom) zhangy666@chinatelecom.cn
Duration
Until the 141th MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-vcm@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-vcm
Meeting
Conference calls and AHGs will be arranged before the MPEG 141 (time to be announced)
Room Size
Online

NameAhG on Scene-based media interchange
GroupWG 7 - MPEG Coding of 3D Graphics and Haptics
Mandates
1. Establish the entities of the “independent mapping space” between ITMF and other scene representations, e.g., Unity and Unreal Engine;
2. Identify ITMF nodes and attributes corresponding to the abstract entities from the “independent mapping space”;
3. Identify Unreal and Unity Engines data structure corresponding to the abstract entities from the “independent mapping space”;
4. Identify MPEG codecs corresponding to the abstract entities from the “independent mapping space”;
5. Study (encoding) options for handling ITMF nodes and attributes that are not good candidates for mapping into an independent mapping space.
6. Provide input to MPEG 141 on results conducted toward identifying an independent mapping space.
7. Provide input to MPEG 141 that will recommend next steps for the development of other specifications that can aid in the efficient delivery of the ITMF with MPEG extensions to a render-based client over a network.
8. Adopt suggestions for improving terminology, architecture, and diagrams in Part 28 WD3 as provided in m61190.
9. Refine the requirements identified for MPEG Phase 1 (WG2N00226) and for beyond Phase 1 (WG2N00242).
10. Continue to solicit industry engagement.
11. Collect test material and refine the test scenarios document
Chair(s)
Arianne T. Hinds (Arianne.hinds@comcast.net), Peter Ludé (pete@missionrockdigital.com)
Duration
Until the next MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-render@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-render
Meeting
Biweekly teleconference calls starting on Thursday 03 November 2022 from 15:00 to 16:30 UTC for 90 minutes
 or as agreed by AhG members.
Room Size
All meetings by Zoom to be announced on the reflector and in the MPEG calendar.

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85916592001?pwd=T1Yzdnp5QWhnaDJxa0lxSDRkamVyZz09

Meeting ID: 859 1659 2001
Passcode: 777452

NameAHG on MPEG-I Scene Description
GroupGeneral/All
Mandates
1. Progress and clean the TUC in WG3 N0678 based on the decisions made for Amd1 and Amd2.
2. Address the integration of G-PCC, MIV and other MPEG codecs and technologies into Scene Description jointly with 3DG/video/systems/audio based on WG03 N0738
3. Study the support of multiple atlases for MIV taking into account the proposed solution in SD TuC in WG3 N0678
4. Work with the audio group WG06 on progressing the integration of MPEG-I audio into the MPEG-I SD taking into account WG06 N0169 and the SD TuC WG3 N0678. 
5. Progress the working draft of Amd.2 in WG03 N0725 for ISO/IEC 23090-14 and improve the technologies
6. Conduct the evaluation experiments on as defined in WG3 N0687
7. Collect/coordinate test assets that support the development of the MPEG-I Scene description work according to WG3 N0703.
8. Work on conformance and reference software based on procedures (WG3 N0703) and progress the WD (WG3 N0691), in particular check and verify the implementation in the pympegsd repo to migrate to new reference software at MPEG#141
9. Collect information on ongoing scene description related work in the industry and in other groups and organizations and promote the MPEG-I Scene Description.
10. Communicate with Khronos on the MPEG extensions and other relevant topics related to Scene Description
Chair(s)
Thomas Stockhammer (tsto@qti.qualcomm.com)
Mary-Luc Champel (champelmaryluc@xiaomi.com)
Gaëlle Martin-Cocher (Gaelle.Martin-Cocher@InterDigital.com)
Duration
Until MPEG#141
Reflector(s)
mpeg-i-scene@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-i-scene
 
Please check gitlab discussions here:
http://mpegx.int-evry.fr/software/MPEG/SceneDescription/MPEG-Contributions/issues

Please check public github discussions here:
https://github.com/MPEGGroup/Scene-Description
Meeting
AHG Meetings
• Call: Monday November 7, 2022 14:30 – 16:00 UTC (15:30 – 17:00 CEST) 
• Call: Monday November 21, 2022 14:30 – 16:00 UTC (15:30 – 17:00 CEST) 
• Call: Monday December 5 (Audio), 2022 14:30 – 16:00 UTC (15:30 – 17:00 CEST)
• Call: Monday December 19, 2022 14:30 – 16:00 UTC (15:30 – 17:00 CEST)
• Call: Friday January 13, 2022 14:30 – 16:00 UTC (15:30 – 17:00 CEST)
Note:
• 3GPP SA4#121 November 14-18, 2022
Logistics
•  Zoom: http://iso.zoom.us/my/stockhammer, Passwd as of MPEG#140
• Chairs create issues in gitlab to collect comments.
• If MPEG#141 repository is not yet available, use MPEG#140 repository.

Calendar
-	Subscription link for MPEG AHG Calls:  http://mpeg.expert/live/nextcloud/remote.php/dav/public-calendars/HAwkATGsmc5bN3Qy?export
-	Public link for MPEG AHG Calls http://mpeg.expert/live/nextcloud/index.php/apps/calendar/p/HAwkATGsmc5bN3Qy
Room Size
40

NameAHG on MPEG-I Immersive Audio and Audio Maintenance
GroupWG 6 - MPEG Audio Coding
Mandates
1.	Execute Workplan on MPEG-I Immersive Audio
2.	Conduct Core Experiments on MPEG-I Immersive Audio
3.	Work with WG3 Scene Description experts to study and progress the integration of MPEG-I Immersive Audio into MPEG-I Scene Description
4.	Maintain Audio-related text, conformance data and reference software, and execute Workplan for Audio conformance
5.	Study and promote use Cases and Requirements for Audio Coding for Machines
Chair(s)
Schuyler Quackenbush (ARL) srq at audioresearchlabs . com (Mandate 1, 2, 3)
Christof Fersch (Dolby) christof.fersch at dolby.com (Mandate 4)
Thomas Sporer (FhG-IDMT) thomas.sporer at idmt.fraunhofer.de (Mandate 5)
Duration
Until 10th WG 6 Meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-audio-call@audioresearchlabs.com
Subscribe
•	To subscribe or unsubscribe to the list, send email to
the AhG Chair Schuyler Quackenbush
•	To post on the mailing list, send email to
 mpeg-audio-call@ audioresearchlabs.com 
Note that posting is blocked for non-members
Meeting
Web AhG meetings as follows:

Scene Description Zoom: 
 http://iso.zoom.us/my/stockhammer, Passwd as of MPEG#140
Mon Dec 5 and 19, 2022, 1330-1500 UTC

Audio Zoom: 
https://iso.zoom.us/j/97329202951?pwd=M2hSVVZRNEFXVzE5czZ4Si9PbDhsUT09
Wed Dec 14, 2022, 1400-1600 UTC
Thu Jan 12 and Fri Jan 13, 2023, 1300-1700 UTC
(It is expected that document registration and upload deadline is Mon Jan 9)
Room Size

NameAhG on MPEG File Formats
GroupWG 3 - MPEG Systems
Mandates
1.	Discuss and address the Github and Gitlab issues.
2.	Support the groups using the file formats (including audio, DASH, CMAF, OMAF, MIAF, V3C systems, Haptics, NBMP et al.)
3.	Study the Technologies under Consideration and Working Draft documents and propose improvements. Study the defect reports and propose corrigendum text.
4.	Study the proposed clarifications on the definition of brands and the use of versions, particularly in the ISO base media file format, and suggest improvements.
5.	Maintain and update the conformance streams, reference software, white papers and one-pagers, and registration authority, as needed. Study whether conformance checking can be (maybe partially) automated, and how the specifications and conformance can be managed as a coordinated workflow. Study the license of the reference software.
6.	Check the specifications for unregistered MIME types and parameters and start registering them. Audit files as needed for the MP4RA.
7.	Explore options for frame rate signalling in ISO base media file format.
8.	Study processes to improve cross-verification of MPEG file format standards and continue the discussion on m60397
9.	(New) Explore alignment of DASH/CMAF/FF terminology, concepts and solutions
Chair(s)
Cyril Concolato (Netflix) and Miska Hannuksela (Nokia)
Duration
Until next meeting
Reflector(s)
mp4-sys@lists.aau.at
https://github.com/MPEGGroup/FileFormat
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mp4-sys
Meeting
Online meeting for the DASH/AF/FF exploration (2 weeks notice, late November/early December – Doodle Poll)
Room Size
Online meeting to try to close GitHub issues, MP4RA issues and discuss conformance aspects    (2 weeks notice, late November/early December – Doodle Poll)

NameAhG on Video Coding for Machine
GroupWG 4 - MPEG Video Coding
Mandates
- Study technologies that enhance performance of video coding for machine tasks.
- Identify and collect test materials that are suitable for machine tasks and can be used for MPEG video coding for machines (VCM) standardization activities. 
- Define test conditions and generate anchors.
- Define evaluation framework, procedure and methodologies.
- Coordinate software development and core experiments.
- Coordinate with WG2 and WG5 on common interests and activities such as test materials, etc.
Chair(s)
Co-chairs: Shan Liu (Tencent), Chris Rosewarne (Cannon)
Duration
Until next meeting
Reflector(s)
Subscribe
Meeting
-	Nov. 08, 13:00-17:00 UTC Online
-	Nov. 11, 05:00-09:00 UTC Online
-	More meetings will be announced 2 weeks in advance
Room Size

NameAhG on AI-based 3D Graphics Coding
GroupWG 7 - MPEG Coding of 3D Graphics and Haptics
Mandates
1. Conduct AI exploration experiments for PCC
2. Analyze and collect relevant dataset for AI based PCC
3. Explore new AI solutions for PCC
4. Collect requirements and use cases for AI based solutions for 3D graphics coding
5. Propose a developement plan for a AI Graphics Coding standard and prepare the evaluation material for the CfP (use cases, requirements, content, evaluation methods)
Chair(s)
Dong Tian, Alexandre Zaghetto, Vladyslav Zakharchenko
Duration
Until the next MPEG WG7 meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-3dgc@gti.ssr.upm.es
Subscribe
To subscribe, send email to https://mx.gti.ssr.upm.es/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-3dgc
Meeting
Several online sessions to be planned
Room Size

NameAhG on Video-based Graphics Coding
GroupWG 7 - MPEG Coding of 3D Graphics and Haptics
Mandates
1. Conduct activities to improve V-PCC Conformance and V-PCC Reference SW
2. Conduct the V-PCC experiments for future enhancements
3. Propose corrections for identified issues in the V-PCC specifications
4. Solicit additional data sets for all categories
5. Coordinate scientific and technical dissemination of V-PCC
6. Coordinate communications of V-PCC to fairs, exhibitions, workshops, webinars, and enrich www.mpeg-pcc.org with relevant information about V-PCC, enrich Wiki pages on V-PCC
7. Carry out joint exploration experiments on Video-based Visual Volumetric Coding
8. Carry out joint exploration experiments on 3D graphics quality metrics
9. Release the V-Mesh model V2.0 (SW and documentation) during the editing period
10. Conduct the experiments for video-based dynamic mesh coding
11. Coordinate activities on Mesh use cases and requirements
12. Solicit contributions to encapsulate V-PCC in scene graph
Chair(s)
Ralf Schaefer (Chair), Khaled Mammou, Danillo Graziosi
Duration
Until the next MPEG WG 7 Meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-3dgc AT gti. ssr. upm. es
Subscribe
To subscribe, send email to https://mx.gti.ssr.upm.es/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-3dgc
Meeting
Several online sessions before the next MPEG meeting
Room Size

Ad hoc groups from other meetings:
MPEG 140, MPEG 139, MPEG 138, MPEG 137, MPEG 136, MPEG 135

Download the current ad hoc group rules for MPEG AGs and WGs here: